From: United Kingdom
France, Germany, Poland, Spain
25/07/2018 - 15/09/2018
- I am currently working in a mainstream school in the city of Southampton and have done for the past 3 years now. The school is for children aged between 7 - 11
- I work with a child on a 1 -1 basis who is SEN (Special Education needs).
- I have been on many school trips with children including residential trips to outdoor places, where we have learnt about nature and teamwork. I have normally had to take responsibility for a group of children on these trips
- I run an after school club called 'Creative Club' which is an art based club
- I really want to learn about other styles of education and what else is out there for educating children. I believe that children's education should be a journey of love and interest rather than 'box-ticking' and should be motivational for them
- I am quite a calm individual, very friendly and like to be useful
- Everyday I ride my bike to work and back and like to keep healthy
-I have been growing vegetables since I was 9 or 10 years old, I've grown carrots, parsnips, swede, peas, spinach, sweetcorn, strawberries...
-I previously volunteered with a elderly care charity for about a year and a half and I was a 'befriender' where I visited a lonely elderly gentleman once a week to provide companionship
-I have done 3 workaways before, 2 in Belgium and 1 in France.
I hope all of this gives you a positive impression of me as I feel I am a positive person and want to be engaged with projects and people. I care for people and the world as a whole.
Working with children, Art and craft (knitting, sewing, paper craft), playing classical guitar, general computer skills (some photoshop and have been practicing touch typing), cooking, gardening (growing sunflowers and lots of other veg), elderly care
Special dietary requirements