From: United Kingdom
France, Germany, United Kingdom
27/09/2021 - 31/12/2021
- Currently, I own a minibus and am spending time to convert this into a living space. I am always pushing myself to learn new things so I will gain skills in woodwork, electricity, interior design.
-At the end of September I begin my second year as a mature student studying at Aberystwyth University; Psychology and Education; Joint Honors.
- I also am working as a waitress in various hotels and restaurants, such as five star hotel 'Chewton Glen' with an agency, part time
- I have a level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language (Not American)
- I am trying to learn to touch type at the moment
-I have done 6 workaways before, 3 in Germany, 2 in Belgium and 1 in France.
- Previously, I worked for 3 1/2 years in a mainstream school in the city of Southampton for children aged between 7 - 11
- My role was largely with a SEN (Special Education needs) student on a 1 -1 basis
- I have been on many school trips with children including residential trips to outdoor places, where we have learnt about nature and teamwork. I have normally had to take responsibility for a group of children on these trips
- I ran an after school club called 'Creative Club' which is an art based club
- I want to learn about other styles of education and what else is out there for educating children. I believe that children's education should be a journey of love and interest rather than 'box-ticking' and should be motivational for them
- I am quite a calm individual, very friendly and like to be useful
- I ride my bike lots to work and back and like to keep healthy
-I have been growing vegetables since I was 9 or 10 years old, I've grown carrots, parsnips, swede, peas, spinach, sweetcorn, strawberries...
-I previously volunteered with a elderly care charity for about a year and a half and I was a 'befriender' where I visited a lonely elderly gentleman once a week to provide companionship
I hope all of this gives you a positive impression of me as I feel I am a positive person and want to be engaged with projects and people. I care for people and the world as a whole.
Working with children, art and craft (knitting, sewing, paper craft), playing classical guitar, general computer skills (some Photoshop, learning touch typing, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.), cooking, gardening (growing sunflowers, roses, houseplants and lots of other veg), elderly care, writing, reading (academic and fiction).
Sign language (American): Intermediate
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
Special dietary requirements
No, currently I am not Vegetarian or Vegan but aiming to make change and love Vegan food