Favourited 318 times
Private Home. Quiet village situation. Would best suit ONE independent, mature person who respects privacy. Two considered. One to two weeks is appreciated but would consider short stay 4/5 days or 3 to 4 weeks. I am selective!
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
France profunde. Nature.
Events in tourist seasons. Local Culture.
Pursue interests - reading, music, art, writing, walking, cycling, kayaking, wild river swimming.
Study French / English.
Share recipes, preparation, cooking, clearing dishes.
Piano currently un-tuned.
Please apply for TASKS you will be able to achieve.
1. DECLUTTERING The season for Vide Grenier sales is almost over but there is still stuff to sort and clear!
This is not a business.
2. Computer work / Private selling:
Help organise / sell unwanted items online, involving research (value, postage costs, etc) of sheet music, educational music / books. This is not a business.
Computer work: APPLE Mac / MS WORD / BLURB (or similar) USER is ESSENTIAL plus EBAY/PAYPAL experience
3a) Help delete duplicated photos with software purchased.
3b) Help create digital book(s) of my photos / writings / blog
3c) Advise how to better organise personal documents.
4. EASY Mowing / Weeding / Pruning
5.. Use electric saws to convert 2 sq metres of unused pine rafters into kindling. URGENT
6. Apx 6 sq m of soil in open walled shed needs concrete, before cement mixer is sold.
7. Make rose bush supports using recycled wood, metal or purchased materials.
8. Repair / MAKE existing wooden gates and panel fencing. Experience ESSENTIAL..
9. Sharpen chainsaw - Meditation!
10.. Organise tools / building equipment
11. Four bicycles need service.
12. 2020 MARCH APRIL MAY - Repaint external doors / shutters. Two people accepted. 2 - 3 weeks work with 13.
13. 2020 - MARCH APRIL MAY - Sand / Paint stair case and well - requires high reach with standing boards. .
14. Sewing Machine service and use to do Patchwork.
15. Easy house cleaning in a clean house which must stay clean!
English + improving slowly French language..
Renovated ground floor French village fermette, built 1850s.
The village chateau is not MY medieval ruin!
Peaceful village and countryside. An hour's drive from public transport.
You will be collected from station / airport. Looking for a newer vehicle!
Single bedroom with shared bathroom / shower above bath.
Twin bedroom if a couple.
Tent accommodation is possible in summer.
Use exterior toilet and wash area and by arrangement indoor facilities.
24/7 Internet with Extender Wifi system (currently a mystery!)
Healthy meals plus morning coffee / afternoon tea.
Dine with host - Vegan. Vegetarian. Fish. Lamb , Beef, Chicken. (NEVER pork, turkey, veal).
Reduced wheat / Gluten free diets.
Bread usually spelt, rye or other quality grain.
Wine might be served. Contribution appreciated if you imbibe. Alcohol free days!
Please provide your treats such as chocolate / peanut butter / anything you crave for!
Opportunity to cook providing kitchen rules are respected.
I am a good cook without recipes but willing to learn new styles of eating.
1. Always follow house rules.
2. Some small size protective work clothes are available.
3. Good, not new bicycles, available for cycling in safe, flattish landscape.
4. Unsuitable for smokers, alcoholics, animals, children
5. Spring & Summer - house is dark and cool. Courtyard collects heat from stone walls. Rear garden available to sit and watch sun rise / sunset / bats weather permitting hear cuckoos, nightingales, swallows.
Winter - interesting retreat from society, isolated, spiritually educational with solitude, tranquillity, opportunity to write,
draw, hunker down once tasks are achieved.
Autumn & Winter - If you need central heating then this is not the place for you. Trying to get it connected! Sometimes
woodturners produce so much heat French doors have to be opened. Other times it's a job to get warm! Woodburners are managed by the HOST for Health & Safety. You may stack logs, chop kindling, bring logs in....
6. Hot water bottles, electric radiators, blankets, shawls are available.
Frugal is good but not to be cold!
Collection from Poitiers airport or Chatellerault train station takes apx an hour in each direction!
Taxi from Chatellerault = 70 to 100 euros in one direction.
Sometimes a bus to La Roche Posay.
There is no other transport.
No Street lights after 23h / 24h.
Roadside gates close around dusk.
Angles sur L'Anglin is a Garden of Paradise, Artists Dream, famous for Magdalennian rock shelter carvings, 'Les Jours' embroidery and a ruined 12th century Chateau. You can walk, cycle, swim, canoe, kayak, fish. The village in winter has fewer than 400 full time residents and in Summer expands with many Parisian and other second home owners. There are restaurants, restos, bars, a wonderful English tea shop serving meals, a bakery, a multi-services bar and shop with Wifi, small library and market vans. Oysters are sold in appropriate months. Check availability in winter as restaurants close without tourists! It has a part time Tourist Office. No cinema. Supermarkets within 10km. Spa town 12km. One to two hours drive to River Loire Chateaux. On the border of Brenne National Park, a haven for flora and fauna. It is unsuitable for those who like city razzamatazz. Every day is different, yet stone walled houses have stood for aons and pathways take you to hidden natural treasures.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 25 hours per week