Hi! We're a French American Irish family of five. We live in the city of Rabat, with our 3 teenage kids. Steve is a former writer who now works in culture and education. I am Pascale and my world revolves around performing and healing arts as well nomadic living. I started a small Kombucha and water kefir business here. We live in a beautiful house, with a vegetable garden, 6 chickens, 3 ducks, 2 beehives on our rooftop, 1 rescued dog and a few stray cats who like to hang out here. We have been living in different parts of the globe for the past 15 years. In fact, I started volunteering at age 19 and have worked with minorities, from refugee camps in Jordan and street kids centres in the Congo to building a sweat lodge with a SunDance shaman...
At the moment we're looking for someone experienced and skilled to help redesign the logo, bottling labels, visuals and info graphs and perhaps help with website design for the Kombucha and Kefir business.
I also run a healing arts project here in the field of Sound healing, dynamic mediation, BodyMind practices and explorations, heart song circles, shamanic work, Yoga and AcroYoga, Thai massage, NVC... organising circles, workshops and retreats and I'm always interested in hosting guest teachers here and throughout Morocco.
It just makes sense to share the goodness of our place with someone who wants a home away from home and is happy to take on responsibilities as mentioned above.
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
You get to stay in a beautiful home, live the 'urban farm' lifestyle, in a nice and chilled city. We are not a Moroccan family but foreigners do find a home away from home here that has no price at times. That being said, our family has a rich culture just in itself and we are both involved with Moroccan cultural and art communities here. We go surfing a couple times a week. If you're into contemporary dance, contact improv, yoga, music jams, improv theatre and the like we will connect you with some beautiful circles of people.
You're a good fit if:
- You have professional experience (I need to see your portfolio) in graphic design, photo, video, digital marketing (logos, labels, other visuals, website).
-You have professional experience facilitating/teaching any healing arts (Sound healing, dynamic mediation, BodyMind practices and explorations, heart song circles, shamanic work, Yoga and AcroYoga, Thai massage, NVC...) and would be interested in creating something here in Morocco.
- You enjoy family life in general. Do you have experience living with other families and cultures? Do you love being around teens?
- You are playful with a good dose of rational thinking, self management and willingness to get the work done.
- You are over 21 years old. and have a driver's licence.
During your stay here, we need you to:
- Help redesign and create visual marketing my kefir and kombucha home based family ran business. Logo. Labels for bottles. Infographic posters. photos and videos for website. Possibly help with simple website design too. I have some limited material already.
- Be home occasionally with the kids if both Steve and I both happen to be traveling at the same time. Unlikely but could happen.
- Cook dinners for/with the kids. Do you like cooking, being creative or supervising kids cook? We are 2 vegetarians but if you cook healthy meat dishes, the others will eat it and be happy. We also have lovely eggs from our birds.
- Go grocery shopping if needed.
- Play with the kids. Before they all had phones, we spent years making up stories, improvising challenges, doing AcroYoga as a family, etc. We have a grand piano, guitars and other instruments. Basically, you want to keep them off their screens. And for that good luck! I'm not kidding.
- We have a cleaning lady come twice a week but we expect you to keep the house clean and tidy at all times.
Some amazing plus would be that you:
- Are professionally skilled in the art of brewing kombucha/kefir.
- Have skills in beekeeping and vegetable gardening.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
We have a big house walking distance to the center of Rabat (Hassan neighbourhood). You will have your own bedroom. We provide you with food (but we ask you to help with shopping and cooking). We're close to the tramway, shops, restaurants, the movies. The medina and the beach are 20/30 minutes walk or 5/10 minutes taxi ride (taxis are cheap here).
We're in Hassan neighborhood, close to the tramway, shops, restaurants, the movies, all these are walking distance. The medina and the beach are 30 minutes walk or 5 minutes taxi ride (taxis are cheap here). There's a swimming pool club right next to us so if it's open, you're welcome to go.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week