This summer 2019 we are looking for:
- LANDSCAPE DESIGNERS/CONSTRUCTORS
- GARDENERS + chicken/duck carers
- SLOW LIVING CREATIVES
- TEACHERS in SLOW LIVING
- PERFORMERS/MUSICIANS (mid august)
- VEGGIE/VEGAN COOKS
- WILD FORAGERS
- active NATURE enthousiasts
- WEBSITE developer
- KOMBUCHA and/or fermentation expert
Hi, we are a small greening collective, working mainly on ethical greening, sustainable designs, arts, slow events and photography. We are located in the idyllic green part of Flanders in de Vlaamse Ardennen.
The location offers beautiful sights over hills, a food forest with orchard, edible gardens, flower meadow, and beautiful green surroundings and scenic areas. We are in the renovation proces of the farm, with a focus on the garden and slow living activities this summer.
We are world citizens, travellers and open-minded people. We love music, a party, a good camp fire, (outside) cooking and bbq's, warm, dedicated, and modest people.
Here are some key things to expect with us: learning by doing, nature, slow living, sustainable living, simplicity, outdoor and vegetal cooking, organic farming, permaculture, designing & construction of sustainable infrastructure (f.e. sauna, mud baking oven, architectural design); landscaping, organic gardening, edible gardens, edible food forest, healthy food, exchanging our knowledge, creative aspects, preparing a party mid August.
We love to experiment with and in nature, and learning by doing. And we share our knowledge while doing this. Bit by bit we are living a more natural, slower life in doing so.
We are looking for responsible people wanting to learn, share and collaborate and help make this place into a unique one.
We have limited places for this summer.
So, are you into an active workaway experience, where you can learn things you really need and want to know about construction / landscaping / gardening / living a greener and slower life, then we would love to hear of you :-)
Just send us a message with :
- Your motivation to visit us,
- Some references about yourself. If not on Workaway yet, then couchsurfing, facebook, LinkedIn, ... (+link),
- The work is active at times and you need a good physical condition or want to train it,
- Feel like camping and have a tent. You are independent and can sleep and be on yourself during the week. We cook together in the evenings and weekends. Welcome to bring your own recipes, and input here, we love learning from you to :-)
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
You can learn a great deal from us. (Sustainable) construction techniques, materials, art/architectural installations, ecological ponds, landscaping, nature management, trees & plants, animals, slow living, designing, (working with and in) nature, sustainability, travelling ethically.
There are many different veggies and spices to experiment with. We love cooking with them whenever we have the time for it.
We are curious to meet some new traveller friends who are into these same aspects and want to make community in a new -green- movement. Networking, collaborating, creating a daily life together.
You can discover the surrounding areas during your free hours/days (mostly week days).
The coming months we will focus on
- Inside the farm: plaster a wall, making mortex walls in the bathroom, making a wooden roof gutter, placing isolating materials on the outside of the house, placing sun elements on the roof.
-> looking for people with one or some of these skills in particular
- Outside: designing and constructing a wooden terrace and garden, a wood fire oven, transforming the meadow to its endemic flowers with ecological nature management and organic/permaculture techniques, mowing, pruning trees and plants, planting, harvesting, processing/cooking, and other gardening tasks in the moment.
Dutch, English, French
Off grid meadow and garden, ideally to set up a tent. Find yourself a place you like in the wilder parts or somewhere closer to the fruit hedges or orchard, or in the garden next to the house. We have trekking tents available that you can use if you are willing to take care of them. You are welcome to bring your own tent as well. Sleeping bags/blankets, matrasses and pillows available. Bring your own things if you have any special needs ;-) The house provides you with fresh water, electricity, kitchen, a fridge and bathroom. There is a small outdoor kitchen with fridge, an outdoor shower, and toilet as well.
We are off grid, which means living in nature and not to close to shops or any other citylife or comfort services. But as we have the comfort of a train station nearby (2 km), non-stop WiFi, water and electricity, a supermarket within a 10 minute bike ride, many bakeries, the site isn’t a challenging off grid.
We have a testing week with new workawayers, as we did with previous projects. Also, we expect people to communicate their needs and are always open for a reasonable conversation if something comes up, if you don't know what is expected or how we work.
The train station is at only 2 km, with direct connection to the city of Gent.
By bus or train you can go to Brussels in about 1 or 1,5 hour. By car in 45 min.
De Vlaamse Ardennen are gorgeous in all seasons. Discover every piece of it by foot or bike, or by public transport.
We can offer rides to and from the direction of Brussels and to shops on a regular basis when we pass there.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week