Thanks for taking a interest in our ad. Currently I have 2 bedrooms available for WorkAwayers. The first bedroom is about 12m2 and has 2 single beds, and second bedroom is about 7m2 and has a single bed.
My name is Edmond and I'm at 29 year old Dutchman. In my early twenties I set out to see the world and travelled around for 7 years. Meeting other people and cultures made made me curious about languages and language acquisition, so now I publish language learning materials for a living. Hobbies include, but not limited to: playing guitar and making music, my cat, contact sports (kickboxing/MMA), working out, snowboarding and surfing.
I'm especially interested in learning Russian at the moment.
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
• We have a few instruments around (drums, bass guitar, electric guitar and acoustic guitars). Bring your laptop and you can use the microphone and audio interface for recording demo’s.
• Language learning options. If you want to learn a language, we have frequency dictionaries, audio programs and other language learning methods available.
• I can teach you self-defense, boxing and dutch style kickboxing.
What do we need help with?
We have a variety of different items we need a hand with. I prefer to work on a schedule of 3 days, 4 days off. In summertime the sun is up from 05.00 until 22.30, so instead of 3 days I prefer to do 2 days of 10 hours instead.
Help on the farm
• Gardening help, removing weeds.
• Helping around the house.
• Feeding the sheep
• Walking the dog.
• Household chores.
Skillled work for paid options available, but only if you have the required skills.
• Carpentry and Plumbing
• Mechanic skills (old tractor, dirtbike and a 71 Cadillac need some TLC)
Sample projects: The shed needs a new paint job as does the boat trailer, clear rubbish from the shed, mow the lawn, get rid of stinging nettles & weeds, feed the sheep. Fix up the foldable bikes.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
We will provide you with a private room, and a shared living room, bathroom and kitchen. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided. Vegetarian friendly. Free wifi available.
• Bodegraven train station on a 10 minute bikeride/20 minute walk
• Microbrewery de Molen
• Closeby windsurfing and sailing locations.
• Gouda city (cheese & nightlife)
• Lakes and beaches which are very nice in the summertime
• Windmills everywhere.
• Public transport: Utrecht 20 min by train, Rotterdam 45 min, Amsterdam 50 min, The Hague 50 min, Leiden 25 min.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Max 4-5 hours, 5 days a week - 8 hours per day, 3 days a week (24h / week) if workawayers in agreement