Favourited 217 times
Hi! We are a small and young family running our own countryhouse and business in scarcely populated, but extremely beautiful countryside of Southern Estonia. We have 2 sons (4yo and a baby), 6 horses, a cat and a dog...and then we have a half-renovated house and a half-built sauna and lots and lots to do!
I do therapy work, counselling and offer professional Breath-therapy sessions to individuals and groups. Me and my husband also have a small company and we make HANDPAN instruments that sound like heaven on earth. :)
This upcoming winter we need help with the horses (feeding), shovelling snow and why not some inside jobs and small construction jobs like painting, crafting furniture etc. Also: cooking, washing dishes, playing with our 4yo son. Job around here is never ending. We also grow some of our greens and vegetables ourselves, so gardens need attention in the spring-summer-fall! :)
Our style of living is very nature oriented and extremely simple (mostly due to the unfinished house).... We are vegetarians (vegan+freerange eggs) and we also live spiritual lifestyle, mostly meaning that our only real goal in life is to be unconditionally happy (happy with discipline, schedule, changes, all-kinds-of-work and all-kinds-of-weather, different levels of intensity...) and everything else is secondary. We also allow ourselves all other states of being, tho. We follow our intuition a lot, so not all of our decisions make logical sense at first.
Be noted, that the running water system is "in making". The amount of water we have depends on the season and showerwater is heated twice a week.
There are also many nature trails close by (also Karula National Park). 15 km is Vegan chocolate and icecream cafe (stunningly beautiful place); 28km is the town of Võru with some small shopping centres, vegan cafes, very hip townsquare and nice lake etc, the closest shop is 11km. You can use our bike (if you fix the tire :D) and we can also drive you anywhere near here...although we must admit that our place is more suitable for someone who doesnt need active social events every night and is just looking for some peace, quite, nature and horses... :)
Requirements for a workawayer:
*️️️️️️️️ independent, okay with hard work and dirty work and all kinds of weather
*️️️️️️️️ responsible and trustworthy, dependable
*️️️️️️️️ okay with children and babies, friendly, communicative and sociable with children
*️️️️️️️️ open-minded and positive
*️️️️️️️️ respecting privacy and respecting time
*️️️️️️️️ honest and generally interested in life and practical spirituality
* English speaking on a level that you understand jokes and can communicate freely
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
- You can learn a lot about making quality handpan instruments or other musical instruments if this is something that rings your bells...
- You can see how ecological, spiritual, vegan people thrive in the Estonian countryside ;)
- If interested, you can also learn to communicate with the horses and how to learn from them about LIFE and your true self
- When i have open group breathsessions, then workawayers can participate for free
- You can also learn about renovating an old farmhouse with an intention of doing it as close to nature as we see possible
- Insight into Estonian culture and ways of living and thinking ( although we are no traditional example of Estonians... )
- Southern Estonia is very very beautiful and the nature is hilly, with lots of lakes and forests and very very few people. We will definitely take you hiking on beautiful trails! We see wild animals almost every day, and a dozen beavers live just 200m.. ;)
What you can do around here depends on the season and on your skills, interests and capabilities...but overall:
- Gardening: watering, deweeding.
- Mucking out the horse pastures;
- Clayworks and plastering in the house, some hammering maybe, helping my husband out with construction work, digging, renovating furniture; building etc.
- Horse fence maintainance (extremely easy)
- General maintainance
- Taking hay/water to the horses
- Childcare (only when you are really a suitable person for that, but generally our child is very sociable) meaning jumping on the trampoline with him or hiking in the forest or playing ball or riding bicycles etc.
- mowing the lawn, trimmering; shoveling snow
- playing with our dog and taking long walks with her
- taking care of the place (making sure everyone is alive and stays alive) in case we have to leave for a day or two
Extremely simple. Right now we can offer a separate room in the sauna-house, AND we also use the sauna-house ourselves every day as our washing machine is in the sauna etc, so it's not "always only yours", but most of the time it truly is totally private. You are welcome to eat all 3 meals together with us, but remember that it's mostly vegan (and can be 100% vegan if you prefer). When we eat out, you are expected to pay for your own meal (happens not very often). Smoking and drinking are not allowed. Water is limited, so you have to be okay with showering 1-2 times a week.
There are many nature trails close by (also Karula National Park). 15 km is Vegan chocolate and icecream cafe (stunningly beautiful place); 28km is the town of Võru with some small shopping centres, vegan cafes, really nice spa and lake etc, 10km is huge grape-yard, where you can buy 200 varieties of Estonian homegrown grapes when the season is right; the closest shop is 11km. You can use our bike and we can also drive you anywhere near here...although we must admit that our place is more suitable for someone who doesnt need active social events every night and is just looking for some peace, quite, nature and horses... :)
When you are interested in visiting a bit bigger towns or cities like Viljandi or Tartu then we can take you with us when we are going there. :)
The overall area here is ...very..very...VEEERY countriesh...nature all around..no people...lonely farmers driving by... hills..lakes...forests...and us. ;)
We expect you to be okay with just reading a book, taking a walk and enjoying the nature in your free time and then, once in a while, we can drive to some cool places, manor houses, cafe's, see nice people and socialize, but this is definitely not the priority activity available here. We do have good internet access.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours a day, 5 days per week