Due to our very limited time and a lot of letters, we don't always answer to you straight away. :)
Hi! We are a young family running our own countryside house and business(es) in scarcely populated, but fairly beautiful countryside of Southern Estonia. We have 2 sons (6yo, 2yo), 4 horses, a cat and a dog...and then we have a half-renovated house and a half-built sauna and lots and lots to do!
We are looking someone for the summer 2021, minimum stay 2 weeks. We'd like someone who is willing to spend time with our kids. We are a vegetarian, unschooling- respectful parenting- child lead learning family.
I do therapy work, counselling and offer professional Breath-therapy sessions to individuals and groups. Me and my husband also have a small company and we make HANDPAN instruments that sound like heaven on earth. :)
Our lifestyle is best described by the terms of: practical spirituality, life-long-learning, present moment awareness, respectful parenting, unschooling, responsibility-flexibility-freedom.
Our style of living is nature oriented (we don't do permaculture and are not avid gardeners, but we do have a few gardens and lots to do there for workawayers) and rather simple (mostly due to the unfinished house).... We are vegetarians and we also live a spiritual lifestyle, mostly meaning that our true intention in life is to be present, while living life to the fullness (happy with self-expression, different decisions, schedules, changes, all-kinds-of-work and all-kinds-of-weather, different levels of intensity...) and everything else is secondary. We also allow ourselves all other states of being too, tho. We follow our intuition a lot, so not all of our decisions make logical sense at first.
Be noted, that the amount of water we have depends on the season and showerwater is heated twice a week.
There are many nature trails close by (also Karula National Park). 28km is the town of Võru with some small shopping centres, vegetarian cafes, very hip townsquare and nice lake etc, the closest shop is 11km. You can use our bikes and we can also drive you anywhere near here...although we must admit that our place is more suitable for someone who doesn't need active social events every night and is just looking for some peace, quite, nature and horses... :)
Requirements for a workawayer:
*️️️️️️️️ independent, okay with hard work and dirty work and all kinds of weather
* an attitude of "what can i give", instead of "what can i get"
* likes children and treats them as equals, is fine to spend 50% of the working time just hiking and playing with kids
*️️️️️️️️ responsible and trustworthy, dependable and thoughtful
*️️️️️️️️ open-minded and positive
*️️️️️️️️ respecting privacy and respecting time and space
*️️️️️️️️ honest and generally interested in life and practical spirituality
* English speaking on a level that you understand jokes and can communicate freely
* respectful towards the space you find yourself in, tidy and naturally helpful
We would also like someone who would happily take care of the place (and animals) on their own while we sometimes go away for 3-7days. So you have to be happy with your own company too.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Help around the house
- You can learn about making quality handpan instruments or other musical instruments if this is something that rings your bells...
- You can see how an unschooling, ecological-friendly, spiritual, vegetarian people live their lives in the Estonian countryside ;)
- If interested, you can also learn to communicate with the horses and how to learn from them about LIFE and your true self
- When i have open group breathsessions, then workawayers can participate for free
- You can also learn about renovating an old farmhouse with an intention of doing it as close to nature as we see possible
- Insight into Estonian culture and ways of living and thinking ( although we are no traditional example of Estonians... )
- Southern Estonia is very very beautiful and the nature is hilly, with lots of lakes and forests and very very few people. We will definitely take you hiking on beautiful trails! We see wild animals almost every day, and a dozen beavers live just 200m.. ;)
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
What you can do around here depends on the season and on your skills, interests and capabilities and right now we are looking for someone who could spend time with our kids around 50% of your working time.... but overall:
- Gardening: watering, deweeding; harvesting.
- Mucking out the horse pastures
- Clayworks and plastering in the house, some hammering maybe, helping my husband out with construction work, digging, renovating furniture; building etc.
- Horse fence maintainance
- General maintainance
- Childcare, meaning jumping on the trampoline with our sons or hiking in the forest or playing ball or riding bicycles etc. This has proved to be a must. Our kids love our guests and want to spend time with them so we expect here only the people who love children and are prepared to spend time with our sons, among other activities.
- mowing the lawn, trimming; shoveling snow
- taking care of the place (making sure everyone is alive and stays alive) in case we have to leave for some days.
Extremely simple. Right now we can offer a separate room in the sauna-house, AND we also use the sauna-house ourselves every day as our washing machine is in the sauna and we wash in the sauna. Iida also works in the sauna (receives clients and works behind the computer around 3 days a week), so it's not "always only yours", but most of the time it truly is totally private. You are welcome to eat all 3 meals together with us, but remember that it's mostly vegetarian or vegan. When we eat out, you are expected to pay for your own meal (happens not very often). Smoking and drinking are not allowed. Water is limited, so you have to be okay with showering 1-2 times a week. But we do have a clean pond with a sandy beach.
There are many nature trails close by (also Karula National Park). 28km is the town of Võru with some small shopping centres, vegan cafes, really nice spa and lake etc, 10km is huge grape-yard, where you can buy 200 varieties of Estonian homegrown grapes when the season is right; the closest shop is 11km. You can use our bike and we can also drive you anywhere near here...although we must admit that our place is more suitable for someone who doesnt need active social events every night and is just looking for some peace, quite, nature and horses... :)
When you are interested in visiting a bit bigger towns or cities like Viljandi or Tartu then we can take you with us when we are going there. :)
The overall area here is ...very..very...VEEERY countriesh...nature all around..no people...lonely farmers driving by... hills..lakes...forests...and us. ;)
We expect you to be okay with just reading a book, taking a walk and enjoying the nature in your free time and then, once in a while, we can drive to some cool places, manor houses, cafe's, see nice people and socialize, but this is definitely not the priority activity available here. We do have a good internet access.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have a decent wifi connection.
Just some areas close to our house... natural setting. We've had people with their own motorhomes before.
We have a freerange dog, 4 horses and a cat. You can come with your own dog as long as it won't go to the horse area, is friendly with our dog and won't chase or kill our cat. Our own dog is extremely friendly with people and with other dogs. Dogs do not go inside here, we have an extremely small house that is reserved for our cat and for us, the people. So this is also something to remember. Also, a dog has to be 100% childproof.
5 hours a day, 5 days per week