The ranch offers horseback riding, bike tours, and hiking in the Sacred Valley, near Cusco. It has three cabins and other tourist facilities to house visitors.
Run by a small group of friends, this “big house” is much more than a tourist service business; it is a place where we seek to live in touch with the environment and our community. We have an organic garden that provides us with delicious veggies, and we eat as local as possible, we buy fruits from the valley and drink tea and coffee from our land in the jungle of Peru. We have a good relationship with the local community, which we maintain by helping the village children with their homework and giving out veggies from the garden when we have extra produce.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
You will learn about horses... Qualified volunteers will have an opportunity to improve horseback riding skills on some of the most stunningly beautiful trails in Latin America.
You will learn about the Incas and the Sacred Valley and enjoy its beauty every day. We are located near many of the top tourist attractions of the Cusco region and in the heart of the Sacred Valley.
You will learn about organic farming. We have a beautifully terraced organic garden, which sits under a cascading waterfall.
Enjoy the incredible night skies (we are at nearly 3,000m altitude and have no light pollution, so milky way is visible almost every night).
Learn to prepare delicious Peruvian dishes from our chef.
Living at the ranch also offers full Spanish immersion. Even though we understand and speak some English, volunteers can help us improve it, and in return we are happy to help volunteers with improving their Spanish.
SPECIAL Notice of IMMEDIATE NEED for Photographers and Videographers
for our ranch in Sacred Valley, Peru
Last updated June 21, 2019
We have immediate need for volunteers with video and photography skills to help produce marketing materials for the ranch.
- Must be willing to stay a minimum of 3 weeks
- Must have experience with photography and video production
- Preferably will bring their own camera and drone
- Must be comfortable around horses
- Willing to occasionally serve as a host for guests at the ranch
This volunteering opportunity comes with the following benefits:
- Full Room and Board: Accommodations in volunteer cabin (shared room and bathroom); All meals are provided (breakfast and lunch are prepared and served by the kitchen team (for dinner volunteers can have leftovers or cook, ingredients are provided)
- Beautiful location in the heart of the sacred valley, half way between Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Great opportunity to practice and learn spanish as the whole ranch staff speaks spanish.
- Great opportunity for horse and animal lovers.
- Some outdoor tasks can be included if volunteer desires, but physical work is not necessary or required.
We are looking for mature volunteers, with genuine passion for ranch lifestyle. In return we will give you an opportunity to become an integral part of the ranch, and will provide full room and board. Qualified volunteers may have an opportunity to ride horses.
- Intermediate Spanish
- Experience riding horses (intermediate) OR working on an organic farm OR with photography/video
- College degree
- Native English speakers (UK, USA, Australia)
Please note: We are not able to receive families with children or couples.
We are always seeking the following types of volunteers:
1. General Volunteers: helping in the garden, assisting tourists, and helping with the horses
Volunteers will help with feeding and grooming of the horses, assisting tourists during their stay at the ranch, teaching English to ranch staff, working in our organic garden, etc.
Volunteers must help for 5 hours a day (25 hours per week), which requires serious and responsible dedication. It'll be a hard-working day, as the work in the garden and on the farm is manual labor. All volunteers should expect to spend at least 2 hours daily in the vegetable garden.
- Native English speakers (Ranch staff are learning English, and we prefer that they learn from native speakers)
- People willing to volunteer for at least 2 months, ideally 3 months or longer
2. Specialists: Musicians/Herbalists/those trained in Ancient/Alternative/Natural Medicine:
We constantly seek to move towards a more holistic, fulfilling lifestyle here on the ranch. We love music (traditional and classical) and natural approaches to self-care. For this reason, we welcome musicians from a conservatory, herbalists, and those with experience in Traditional Medicine, Alternative Medicine or Natural Medicine. These volunteers will spend some time everyday helping in the organic gardens alongside the other volunteers.
- You will need intermediate Spanish and a willingness to teach us your skills.
- Your native language does not have to be English (i.e. French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, etc.)
- We are looking for people willing to volunteer for at least 2 months, ideally 3 months or longer
OK, dear volunteers and friends from around the world, we look forward to meeting you soon!
The ranch offers beautiful, peaceful, and comfortable accommodations, and well-structured environment.
As a volunteer, you will stay in a shared room in a cabin; will have a comfy bed, pillows, sheets and blankets.
Our chef prepares two meals a day (breakfast and lunch) and meals are organic, healthy, delicious, and plentiful.
You will have access to the staff kitchen with appliances and ingredients needed to prepare dinner should you desire to cook.
Volunteers also have access to a hot shower, laundry facilities, and Wi-Fi (internet is only available during your free time, phone use is not permitted during working hours).
The ranch is located on a privileged area, fifty acres surrounded by majestic mountains, and very close to many archaeological sites. Over here in the Sacred Valley there's a lot to see and do, from the many Incan ruins to the beautiful cities of Cuzco, Pisac, Maras, Chinchero, etc. It is easy to travel between all these different areas using buses, collectivos, taxis or moto-taxis. Hiking and adventure sports opportunities abound.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: