Favourited 21 times
Me (33years old), my boyfriend Gopi (44years) and our two dogs Tresy (she is handicapped but a great sunshine!) and Laura. We come from Austria, where we already started a Project building with everything that others throw away, a big garden with thousands of plants and homes for insects and animals. Now we want to go on here in Portugal.
We have the vision to create an oasis of wellbeing. A place that is open to life to reconnect plants, animals and people in harmony! Because sustainability is very important to us, and in our home country Austria, an awful lot of things end up in the garbage, some of them brand new, so we had a container full of second-hand building materials sent here. We love every kind of music, art, meditation, eye yoga (I do almost every day so that one day I won't have to wear contact lenses or glasses anymore :-)
To make the dream of our "wellness oasis" come true, we invite you to participate our project in Portugal / Penamacor!
The land is approximately 2.5 hectares, with 3 wells, 3 stone houses (must be renovated), grapes and many different trees such as olives, apple, pear, fig, almond, khaki, and much more
Enjoying simple life on a peaceful, beautiful piece of land, cooking, healthy eating, slow down life, crafting, living out art, learning from each other and we love to have in-depth discussions about awareness and life itself.
Other topics that are very important to us: throwaway society, healing through nature and common strength, let nature be nature again, starvation problem, garbage health problems, promote free clean energy, radiation sources and much more
The oasis of encounter would offer space for people who are changing, develop together and exchange ideas. Together we can make a difference, common development of consciousness and self-sustaining life
As we have to go back to Austria for a short time in JULY (approx. one month), we are looking for somebody or a couple who want to be in our land during this time. The only thing that would have to be done would be watering and eating our fruits and vegetables :-) We have a small vegetable garden and some flowers that should be watered daily and some small trees and different plants that we have planted.
* At the moment we are renovating one of the three houses completely down to the foundations. Roofing, floor, kitchen , relaxation corner, and a second floor for sleeping.
* We have also already started to make a vegetable garden, Raising cuttings from various berry bushes and much more
* Natural Pond
* Cut trees, shred branches, mulch
* Olive harvest
Here are some ideas we would like to implement in the near future:
* creating a big garden with various flower islands, trees, shrubs and herbs, within a barefoot path
* Irrigation System
* Building accommodations for animals that we would like to accommodate here in the future.
* Energy - Biomeiler
Gopi can do everything a bit, like an all-rounder. You do not need any specific skills, if you have any its great, but for us it is a great pleasure if you have an open mind, enjoy working and be energetic
German, English, Portuguese (learning), Italian, French (didn´t spoke a long time!)
* Tent (4 person tent). If you need, we have also blankets and pillows and everything for a good sleep
* If you bring your own mobile home or caravan we have a lot of space for them.
* We ourselves currently live in an extended bus
* outdoor kitchen (We are vegan. Breakfast is individual for everybody. From spring to autumn we always having lunch eating wild herb salads with various wild plants that grow on our property together with some vegetables. In the evening we cook something warm.)
* outdoor bathroom under an olive tree with a boiler for warm water
* compost (standing) toilet
* Washing clothes: we have a very small washing machine in an apartment in the village
* Tractor with loading box
* Supermarket: about 20 minutes by foot or 5 minutes by car
* Old town of Penamacor with various small cafes and shops
* Large managed reservoir for swimming (during the summer months)
* Sightseeing: Monsanto (about 50 km from us), Serra da Estrela (about 60km from us)
* Next biggest City: Castelo Branco (about 50km from us)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week