Me Andrea (33years old), my boyfriend Gopi (44years) and our three dogs Tresy (she is handicapped but a great sunshine!), Laura and Jimmy. We come from Austria, where we already started a Project building with everything that others throw away, a big garden with thousands of plants and homes for insects and animals. Now we want to go on here in Portugal.
We have the vision to create an oasis of wellbeing. A place that is open to life to reconnect plants, animals and people in harmony! Because sustainability is very important to us, and in our home country Austria, an awful lot of things end up in the garbage, some of them brand new, so we had several container full of second-hand materials sent here. We love every kind of music, art, meditation, yoga
To make the dream of our "wellness oasis" come true, we invite you to participate our project in Portugal / Penamacor!
The land is approximately 2.5 hectares, with 3 wells, 3 stone houses (must be renovated), grapes and many different trees such as olives, apple, pear, fig, almond, khaki, and much much more
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Enjoying simple life on a peaceful, beautiful piece of land, cooking, healthy eating, slow down life, crafting, living out art, learning from each other and we love to have in-depth discussions about awareness and life itself.
Other topics that are very important to us: throwaway society, healing through nature and common strength, let nature be nature again, garbage health problems, promote free clean energy, radiation sources and much more
The oasis of encounter would offer space for people who are changing, develop together and exchange ideas. Together we can make a difference, common development of consciousness and self-sustaining life
* Green the land, making an oasis with a big variety of different plants
* We have already started to make a vegetable garden outside and inside a greenhouse, raising cuttings from various berry bushes and much more
* At the moment we are renovating one of the three houses completely down to the foundations. Roofing, floor, kitchen , relaxation corner, and a second floor for sleeping.
* Natural Pond
* Cut trees, shred branches, mulch
* Olive harvest
Here are some ideas we would like to implement in the near future:
* creating a big garden with various flower islands, trees, shrubs and herbs, within a barefoot path
* Irrigation System (in progress..)
* Building accommodations for animals that we would like to accommodate here in the future.
* Natural, alternative, simple homes such as a earthship or so...
* Energy - Biomeiler
Gopi can do everything a bit, like an all-rounder. You do not need any specific skills, if you have any its great, but for us it is a great pleasure if you have an open mind, enjoy working and be energetic
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
* Tent (4 person tent). If you need, we have also blankets and pillows and everything for a good sleep
* If you bring your own mobile home or caravan we have a lot of space for them.
* outdoor kitchen (vegan. Breakfast is individual for everybody. Lunch and dinner we love to eat together)
* outdoor bathroom under an olive tree with a boiler for hot water (in winter)
* compost (standing) toilet
* Supermarket: about 20 minutes by foot or 5 minutes by car
* Old town of Penamacor with various small cafes and shops
* Large managed reservoir for swimming (during the summer months)
* Sightseeing: Monsanto (about 50 km from us), Serra da Estrela (about 60km from us)
* Next biggest City: Castelo Branco (about 50km from us)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Yes, any kind of Campervan / Motorhomes most welcome!
This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week