Our project is about community and the construction of a skatepark with the purpose of teaching and sharing the practice of skateboarding to the new generation. Our place is composed of two main buildings: one is an indoor skatepark and the other is a skate house where the volunteers will sleep and can enjoy time together.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
The travelers are welcome to come and enjoy time with us in this wonderful place in the Italian countryside as well as share the practice of skateboarding, learn construction and restoration techniques, help cultivate the social garden project alongside our garden therapist Margherita, learn about the importance of reusing and recycling, and share in cultural exchange with other volunteers.
We are looking for help in many different areas and would like to organize volunteers that can work together and collaborate in groups as well as maintain their independence and motivation to continue projects when they are alone. In addition to the daily work we want the volunteers to be a part of the project and want everyone to feel free to express their ideas and share their creativity.
Our current projects and next goals are:
- (Spring) Setting up the Laboratory/Workshop, organizing tools and materials for building projects.
- (Spring) Small projects around the Skate House fixing and building things
- (Spring and Summer) Working and maintaining the herb garden, vegetable garden, mediation labyrinth, and assisting Margherita.
- (Spring and Summer) The construction of a half pipe/vert ramp is currently under way and there may be opportunities to help with this project as well as maintenance on other ramps.
- (Summer) Restoration of the upstairs of the Skate House. The building is a typical Italian farmhouse made with brick and traditional raw dirt construction. This will be the main project for the season and will consist of restoring the walls, floors, ceiling, windows, and doors and will include sanding, painting, cleaning, running electricity, etc.
- (Summer) Assisting other artists/volunteers with exterior large-scale painting and mural projects.
- (Summer and Fall) Harvesting herbs and vegetables from the garden and preserving items for the winter.
- (Ongoing) Cleaning, cooking, and maintaining organization around the Skate House.
- (Ongoing) Cleaning and maintaining the Skate Park for lessons and skaters.
- (Ongoing) Staging the outdoor areas for events and gatherings.
- (Ongoing) Art projects and creative ideas!
The volunteer accommodations are in the Skate House which currently has one bedroom that can sleep a maximum of four volunteers. The common spaces include a living/dining room, kitchen and bar, one bathroom, and an office/music room. The volunteers will also have access to the indoor skatepark and are free to skate when lessons and events are not in session.
All main meals are provided, cooked, and shared together in the Skate House. We are committed to keeping the house stocked with the items necessary for the preparation of meals; however, volunteers will need to provide their own extra expenses (beer, cigarettes, fish and some types of meat, snacks, etc.). Vegans and vegetarians can autonomously prepare their own meals with the foods provided.
We are located in the north of Italy, in the region of Piemonte. The place is well connected by trains and buses.
We like to have fun and enjoy ourselves; however, currently we are only searching for serious and hardworking individuals that are interested in the development of our specific project. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to help you with sponsorship and are unable to provide you a place to stay if you are waiting for documents.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week