Our place is a small hostel, located in the heart of Yogyakarta yet still surrounded by a sea of green that gives a refuge from the heat. We've traveled the world far and wide before settling here. We fully understand the feeling of being away from home, thus we created this place to bring you the feeling of being home and meeting beautiful people during your travel.
Previously, we were running a smaller scale hostel with the capacity only for 6 people, located in the south part of Yogyakarta. During our amazing time hosting the hundred of travelers all around the world, at least from 60 countries, we have experienced all wonderful moments of showing people the beauty of Yogyakarta, its hospitality and the charm. We would like to share this beautiful experience with you. Now in the new chapter, we want to host volunteers who can help us providing homey ambiance and creating creative vibes. During the transitioning moment, we took time off from Workaway, thus the response rate seems low. We are back on track and will response to the inquiries.
Please read this description before sending us message: as we are selective in hosting the volunteer from Workaway, please send us personal message describing yourself and why you want to stay and help us. We understand perfectly the feeling of traveling in budget, that is why we offer our place as your home to slow down for a moment. We really love people who are respectful and appreciative, like-minded and positive attitude.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Many travelers are coming and passing by our place, a lot of interesting and amazing conversations might happen.
As we start growing, we realized that we would like to share this experience. We are looking for one person, minimum 23 years old, who is friendly, easygoing, positive mind, and polite, willing to help about 3-4 hours/day in a very relaxed atmosphere.
- preferable if you are a backpacker and living low key traveling lifestyle
- artist / muralist / grafiti artist to put your artwork on our walls
- photographer or videographer
- creative mind: make social media posts, create contents, brochures, leaflets, posters
- basic general cleaning: clean the guests room and house
- taking care of the guests and creating the home vibes
- helping for the check in process
- if you are a plumber / carpenter / electrician / sound engineer / videographer / The Avengers .... or any specific skills that might be helpful for a hostel, please do not hesitate to send us a request
PERIOD OF STAY
We believe that knowing each other is a must and sometimes the written communication only is not enough to build the chemistry. The synergy of energy is so important, so we really wish that both sides can work side by side when feeling comfortable. The trial stay will be 3 days/nights, during this period we will introduce the work loads and the helps that we need. If you feel comfortable with the task and we feel the good energy, the period of stay can be prolong until 2 weeks or 1 month. However, if the result is otherwise, we are afraid the stay has to come to the end. Do not worry, we will still host you until you find your new place. Positive, honest, and constructive feedback oriented.
The accommodation that we will share:
- a homey place to sleep in the private room or the dorm in the little paradise surrounded by four lovely cats -
- amazing vibes; you will meet wonderfully beautiful souls and friends who come to visit
- access to the kitchen; coffee, tea, sugar, and cooking equipment
- family meal; we will have breakfast or dinner together
- transport; you can flexibly use our motorbike to go around the city when possible
So many things to discover in Yogyakarta, we will be happily show you our beautiful city
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4 hours, 5 days a week