We are a family of 5 with 3 girls ages 12, 9 and 7. We love art, gardening, good food, reading, traveling and music. We've travelled, studied and worked overseas and love hosting other travelers (1-2 weeks ideal). We have a dog, outdoor cat and a friendly family of birds with a nest on our roof by an olive tree. We love music and our girls play drums, piano, guitar and cello. We also enjoy board games and/or baking on weekends.
We need help with miscellaneous house projects, mostly in the garden. We are building a pond in the backyard. You must be strong and willing to move rocks or planters around.
Garden-weeding, installing sprinkler system, planting, moving planters around
House- washing windows, wash deck, walk dog, misc house cleaning, cooking , some math tutoring
Expected volunteer hours: 5 hours per day
We have a spacious guest room with a private bath and walk-in closet. Our SF home is located in one of SF’s most desirable neighborhoods, close to public transportation.
Vegetarian diet, non-smoking household.
Laundry: There is a laundromat walking distance from our home.
We look forward to meeting you.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
- exposure to family life in SF
- we hosted many aupairs and students in the past and enjoy the cultural exchange
- we share meals together
- my husband and I are former world travelers (slowed down after kids) and we enjoy learning about other cultures
- after school homework help
- weeding backyard
- spring cleaning garage and other parts of house
- washing windows
- cooking or baking if you know how (let’s trade recipes!)
Portuguese Swiss German English
Beautiful spacious bedroom facing park with private bath and walk-in closet
- tons of free fun things to do in SF in addition to the must dos like the GG bridge, there are hikes to top of Bernal hill to tree swing and take foto “on top of city skylight”, volunteer at SF performances before show for free admission, speakeasy with parlor music performances, public library performances, picnics...lots of great things to do that’s free
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week