We are a friendly, busy family living in Streatham, South London, near bustling, trendy Brixton and with fabulous transport links to central London.
We have a large house and garden in a quiet neighbourhood.
In our neighbourhood, we live close to shops and bars/pubs, as well as sports centres/gyms and some of South London’s most wonderful parks
Household comprises screenwriter mum and two chatty girls aged 16 and 8
Responsibilities include household help (basic tidying, some shopping, laundry, bins), and some childcare/babysitting (early mornings and early evenings). We have a cleaner. You will have a lot of time in which to explore London.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
- making new friends and contacts
- easy access to London and all its wonderful and exciting cultural life (15 mins by tube to Oxford Circus from Brixton), 15 mins to South Bank (Tate, bfi, National Theatre etc) on overland train
(Responsibilities will be at start of day and late pm/early eve mostly so traveller will have days clear to explore!)
- Role would suit film/culture enthusiast as mum (Bafta member) often has access to free screenings, plus we watch and discuss lots of movies!
- Also anyone interested in dance/performance as both girls keen on these (older daughter at full time ballet school) - we would be well placed to introduce traveller to dance training and courses in London
- we are an arty family, well connected with contacts in all areas of the arts and keen to support up and coming artistic talents! The house is jam-packed with books, pictures and films.
- language exchange: perfect your English with us! Having French as a first language essential as both girls learning French at school
Getting 8 year old up and ready for school
Walking her to local school (5 mins away)
Shopping and cooking
Some evening babysitting agreed in advance
Some childcare at weekends, agreed in advance
We have a big house with plenty of space - a large kitchen and double living room, WiFi, central heating.
You will have your own 1st floor bedroom with single bed and a view of the pretty, leafy garden. There is a bathroom (shared with family) right next to your room.
You may eat with us, sharing our food. Special dietary tastes and requirements can of course be accommodated.
Please note: we have TWO ADORABLE CATS!
We live 5 mins walk from Tulse Hill station with direct links to central London and the countryside/coast.
15 mins walk to Streatham Hill station and a range of other stations.
5 mins from our house is the bus stop for getting to Brixton - the bus route is well served with a very regular service, bus journey to tube takes 10/15 mins
We are a busy family. Mum has a successful screenwriting career, teen daughter at ballet school and busy with school work too, younger daughter at local primary school and keen street dancer.
We are very friendly with our neighbours and often entertain friends.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week