I am Rafael, a Portuguese musician living in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
I have a countryside house at the beautiful Faial island (Azores, Portugal), which during Summer months functions as a Bed and Breakfast (for the moment the B&B is maintained by local staff, no help needed).
The long-term plan is to transform the property into a nature and art-dedicated site, with a park, eco-agriculture and develop artistic and cultural projects. In June 2017 we organised a very successful Lantern Fest, as part of the Azores Fringe Festival, and we've recently acquired an upright piano.
For now (2018) we intend to:
- continue general renovation works
- draft the concert room
- beautify the exteriors (terraces, garden, etc.)
- build a sun deck and fountain
and develop cultural and artistic projects in site.
Continuing, in 2019 and 2020 with:
- building a greenhouse with recycled windows and materials
- building a natural swimmingpool - pond in the garden
Since I live abroad, my stays at Faial are often limited to short periods. Therefore, potential helpers need to be EXPERIENCED and able to work and develop (their) projects ALONE.
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
We can use EXPERIENCED help for:
- gardening (trees, fruit trees, etc)
- woodworking / carpentry
- renovation works (painting, electrical installation, etc.)
We also have an open call for art-related projects, such as:
- mural paintings;
- photography / video
- garden sculptures
- any creative enterprise that can be implemented in site
English, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch
Private room or studio.
Ocean is 5 minutes away and there's many trekking and nature-related activities.
Horta (city) is 5Km away.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two