Favourited 982 times
Hi everyone !
My name is Patrick. I live in a wonderful place surrounded by mountains in Northern Ireland.
In the past few years, we have created a peaceful garden :
- Polytunnels and outside beds to plant some delicious vegetables, fruits & herbs.
- Different gardens where I sowed flowers to feed honeybees and other insects.
- A total of 3000 native trees planted (probably even more, I lost the count).
- Fields for my lovely goats.
- A deluxe house for my 10 hens, to keep them warm and happy.
I have also two adorable dogs : Tashi & Dolma.
As you probably understood, I’m a nature lover, full of ideas and skills but I have only 2 hands ;) .
There is plenty to do, no matter the seasons. I have a lot of projects in the garden, so I like someone who is really interested to learn and help me outside. The tasks are variable depending on the projects.
I like sharing and teaching people what I learnt through the years: how to care about the garden & nature, carpenter skills, martial art, training, meditation & even more.
So, if that interests you… don’t hesitate to contact me. I would be happy to welcome you here !
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Volunteers will help alongside me most of the time, so they will learn about different methodologies:
- polytunnel, permaculture, wildflower meadows, composting, chickens free range, biodynamic, crop rotation & natural horsemanship.
- beekeeping, berries, biodiversity / wildlife improvement, bread making, cheese-making, fermentation of foods, forest gardening, gardens flowers, gardens vegetable, herbs, medicinal herbs, orchards, scything, seed saving, self-sufficiency & wood-working
Daily tasks may involve planting, weeding, woodland, maintenance general, fence and boundary maintenance, cooking, firewood splitting & gathering, livestock, harvesting, gardening tasks, general gardens.
Depends on time of year.
Please contact me to know the current projects as it is changing all the time.
You will have your own bed and bedroom in my home
Most meals are eaten with the host family.
Vegetarian & organic food.
Lovely area to visit
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: