Help needed for: horse training in hand and under saddle, horse and general animal care, gardening, housework and general farm help.
Helpers need to be able-bodied, experienced and comfortable with all kinds of horses, including young/nervous ones. Natural Horsemanship skills preferred. Due to a recent accident and not quite healed back injury, I need someone confident and knowledgeable in riding young, freshly started horses!
Come and be part of life at the peaceful nature and horse sanctuary 20km east of Tenterfield in beautiful New England and a scenic 2 1/2 hour drive from the New South Wales North Coast. The property borders a spectacular National Park with extensive trails for horse riding, bush walking, swimming... Rivers, waterfalls, kangaroos, birds, wide open skies await you... and if you're lucky a koala!
We are at present one human, one dog, one cat and six horses (four of them Brumbies) and plenty of wildlife.
We live on 100% solar energy, grow our own a fruit and vegetables, inspired by the Permaculture way. We are also learning about and planting many native shrubs and trees to encourage birds, koalas, bees, etc.
Own car is handy but not essential!
Workawayers must carry their own insurance and show proof of this! Your insurance must include cover for any work you do and for all equestrian activities, including horse riding!
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
- a special and transformational experience with the horses beyond conventional horsemanship and riding
- experience with Brumbies
- simple, off-the-grid lifestyle aiming at self-sufficiency
- glorious natural attractions
- growth towards self-acceptance through introspection, arts activities and adventure
What I offer:
- full board (all meals)
- 2 days a week free
- fun, open-minded host who will welcome you and help make you feel at home, sharing her extensive knowledge and experience in horsemanship, alternative health, personal growth and spiritual practice
- animal communication
- proximity and access to some of Australia's most beautiful National Parks and natural attractions
What I am asking for:
- 5 hours help a day, 5 days a week
- physical, outdoor help
- help with horse care, training and riding
- healthy work ethic
- honesty, willingness to try new things and learn
- love for and kindness to all animals
- sense of adventure
English, German, some French
Caravan or room in house (depending on availability) with access to guest bathroom.
Shared kitchen and living area.
Workawayers must carry their own insurance and show proof of this! Your insurance must include cover for any work you do and all equestrian activities, including horse riding!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: