Favourited 41 times
Bonjour tout le monde, :)
Welcome to our profile.
- Would you like to explore the wild nature of Vosges far away from the cities hustles and bustle?
- Do you think it could be interesting to be a part of a family living with the nature in focus?
- Do you want to gain some skills in practical work such as gardening, building or animal care.
- Is your goal to improve your german- or french-skills in safe and calm surrondings?
Then this is a perfect place for you.
My name is Friedrich. I am originally from Germany, but 30 years ago I settled down in the thrilling Vosges in the western part of France where I have been living since.
My philophy is that humans should live in coorporation with the nature. Therefore, I am trying to live a selfsufficient life together with my french girlfriend Cecilie and her children Leo (9) and Clementine (6). We speak french together.
Music is very important for us. There is about 10 guitars in the farm. Every morning, we are playing guitar and singing songs together in the garden, and during the sunmmertime it happens that we play in front of a warm camp fire in the garden. I am also in a local choir, you are welcome to listen if you are interested.
The area is knows for being very atrractive for french tourists who are searching the lakes, the mountains and the wild nature in general. The population here is almost doubled doing the vacations. - which tells something about its potentiel. In the summertime, we enjoy to end a good day of practical work by driving to a lake nearby, where It is absolutely amazing to swim and to do picnics. In the wintertime it is possible to go skiing in the area. - if you have a car it is especially easy.
I like dancing, and luckely there is a city nearby - St. die - with lots of opportunities to do that.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
There are plenty of things to learn:
- Travellers can learn a lot of skills for a self-sufficent life.
- They can learn how to take care of donkeys and hens.
- They can gain French or German language skills.
- Understand how a building is build. I have build houses myself, so I can share my experiences with you.
Furthermore, I enjoy sharing tips about a healthyliving. I am very aware of what I am eating. So if you only like cakes and fries, then this is not the place. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits - all organic and locally produced of course, because I know it is the best for the human body. I do the 5 tibitans every morning, I do small hikes, dancing, swimming and more in order to stay healthy.
We adapt the tasks to the helping person.
Either, I am there to introduce a task or we are doing it together. I am in the house most of the time - so you will not just be left alone for a whole day..
Examples of work could be:
- Gardening: I have a 5 hektar of land, so there is plenty of gardening opportunities.
I own an old bakery, where I am renovating with workawayers at the momment. We are replacing the floors, the ceiling and soon I will need somerone to help me painting it.
- Help with the donkeys and the hens.
French mostly German and a bit english
We can offer you a comfortable room - more rooms if you are several. You will have a private bathroom, a lounge which i by the way is perfect for yoga. You will also have a nice equiped kitchen. Here there will be coffe, tea and fruit for you.
From Paris it is easy to catch a train to the city St. die. It takes about 2,5 hours. From there it is possible to catch a bus to the house.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
20 hours / week, 5 days a week
Accuracy of profile: