UPDATE: The hostel is running now and we already had guests.
After all the hard work finalizing the hostel all rooms are ready and the terrace looks awesome! We're open and we are welcoming guests. The first ones seemed to have a good experience - we got only good reviews so far!
We're doing our best to improve the hostel from services, decoration and more.
Imsouane is known for it's great waves, and has one of the longest waves in the world and sunshine all year around.
If you're looking to surf and relax but also help us improve you're in the right place!
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Living in our hostel in Imsouane we will make sure to exchange the moroccan culture with you we have been traveling around Asia and Europe and we lived in many cities in Morocco, we meet a lot of tourist around the world and we love to exchange cultures.
What you will learn during your stay with us :
- We're communicative so we will make sure that you will get to know the Moroccan culture.
- We have strong experience with computers if you interested in these fields: Web design, everything UX/UI design, web development.
- We make most of the stuff in the hostel on our own, like bunk beds, the terrace etc., we can give you tips and teach you great skills.
- Cooking traditional Moroccan food.
- Moroccan arabic and berber language.
- 50% Off board rental.
- Workout buddy
- Other things that you will figure out during your stay!
ENGLISH MUST BE FIRST LANGUAGE OR PRIMARILY USED.
As a volunteer with us you would be helping with 5 hour shifts.
Specific skills/interests we are looking for in helpers:
-General help: cooking, cleaning, shopping, there is a daily program of cleaning
- Content writers for our website and social media, your main role is to boost our blog with articles from different topics about surf, yoga, traveling..., rich content with correct english and respecting SEO rules is required, we will check all the content written. We aim for high quality. PS.: mainly looking for this role atm.
- Professional video- and photographers: you should have a camera to do this role. We have a 650D Canon camera with a 18-55mm lense which you can use. But it will be better if you have your own gear because we want great photos and videos. You will take photos for the hostel, people surfing in Imsouane and any other creative ideas that will make our social media looks great.
We respect volunteers because we're travelers ourselves. We have been backpacking a lot as well and we did voluntary work, so we respect voluntaries a lot. You will find yourself in a family atmosphere. We need open minded and easy going people to work with us.
Helpers should have the following characteristics:
- Longer-staying helpers are preferred (at least one month)
- Use your own initiative, attention to detail to keep everything running smoothly
- Practical/problem solving: fixing, making and maintaining things, using tools and power tools
- Motivated to get the job done quickly and efficiently
- Creative use of materials and resources
- Be clean please, clean your dishes and help cleaning in the house
- Respect the stuff
- Always ask before use something not yours
English, Arabic, Berber, French
Single bed in staff room.
Some more info on the job and location:
- Smoking allowed outside areas like terrace.
- 8 minutes walk to shops and town centre - the sea is 6 minutes walk away.
- Our town is ideal to walk, skate or cycle.
- There is no ATM in Imsouane and the next one in Tamri about 40-45 min far away with a taxi, you need two taxi to go there first from Imsouane beach to the main road 5-10dh (0.5-1 euros) second you catch a Taxi or hitchhike to Tamri for 15 dh (1.5 euros), make sure to have enough cash.
- You have to respect our team, the neighborhood and locals.
- Disclaimer: We as the host are not responsible for any loss/injury sustained during your stay here and it is recommended to have travel insurance for medical emergencies.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 6 days a week