Located in a small village, surrounded by a beautiful countryside, in the heart of Bavaria, immerse yourself into mindful living and beautiful nature.
My wife Emma and I live in and run the "Country Home for Mindful Living". A typical Bavarian country house, with modern ecofriendly technology, located 40 km from Munich. Very spacious and bright. Large kitchen and common dining areas. Very large garden and recreational space for outdoor meals and evening bonfires. BBQ and fire pit. We also have chickens, not many, they're more like pets with benefits (fresh eggs).
Our business is hosting small groups of people from all over the world for our Mindfulness in Nature, Meditation and Shinrin-yoku programs. We also offer Forest Therapy classes and retreats at home and in different parts of Europe.
The very spacious attic is our seminar and yoga room that fits around 15 people.
We also have two bedrooms which are listed on an online rental.
We are surrounded by organic dairy farms and forested areas. Countless options of Hiking and biking trails along the nearby Mangfall river forest. Very close to the Alpine foothills and a short drive to the Austrian border. We are about an hour from Salzburg & Innsbruck.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
- Meeting and interacting with guests from all over the world
- Learning Mindfulness meditation skills from an MBSR certified trainer
- Learning Forest Therapy skills from us (Both certified Shinrin-yoku practitioners)
- Practicing different languages (German, English and Spanish at native speaker level)
- Practicing international cuisine cooking skills
- Enjoying the Bavarian outdoors, visiting the nearby Alps and other local world-class vacation hotspots.
- If available they can use one of our bikes to explore the area
This host offers accommodation and payment.
VERY IMPORTANT: We are considered by Workaway as a business and we are required to pay minimum wage for every hour worked, this means that this is not volunteering and you will need a valid work permit in Germany to come work with us.
- Project based help: We need help with different projects around the property this summer and fall, including landscaping. Each project would last 2 or 3 weeks.
- Overall help around the house including cleaning and preparing guestrooms.
- Welcoming new guests and doing the check-in process with them.
- Helping us with errands around town and grocery shopping.
- Helping us with our yard, maintaining our organic vegetable garden, mowing lawn, watering plants, weeding and raking. - Helping us creating and improving sitting and meditation spaces in the yard.
- Helping with food preparation for 8 to 10 people during our day-long retreats.
- Assisting with computer tasks, including updating online calendars, website maintenance, social media updates.
- Preparing seminar/yoga room before courses or retreats, arranging cushions and yoga mats.
- Feeding the chickens
English, German and Spanish
Spacious, single private room, with plenty of natural light, located in the coolest (temperature wise) level in the house which is the basement. Shared bathrooms. One toilet in main level and a full bathroom in first floor. Because we pay a wage, the cost of food is the responsibility of the workawayer. They can eat with us and we'll discount a set amount per meal from their wages, or the workawayer can buy their own groceries and are welcomed to cook their own meals.
We are located in a small village surrounded by beautiful nature here in upper Bavaria. This is the place where people from Europe and abroad come on their holidays. There are lakes and mountains nearby with all the sporting and outdoor activities normally found in these beautiful spots. We are also very close to Munich (35 minutes by train), and a short train ride to Austrian cities like Salzburg and Innsbruck, close enough to spend a day off there. We have bicycles that can be borrowed to explore the many kilometers of trails in the surrounding countryside. We can provide transportation to the nearest train station if necessary upon initial arrival to stay with us.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
16 to 20 hours per week