We are a young little family of five: Michael, me and our babygirl Sam (1), the babyboy who will be born in June 2019 and our cat Kiwi living in the most beautiful place of Europe: the famous surfers' village Sagres. We organize yoga classes in the village and yoga retreats in the area. The perfect place for you if you like surf, yoga, nature, good people and healthy living!
We used to live in a campervan but since the birth of Sam in Autumn '17 we have moved to a cosy wooden house. Just a few minutes drive from our house you can find Europe's best surf beaches, surrounded by the Nature Reserve Costa Vicentina on both the South Coast beaches as well as the West coast with its steep black cliffs and world famous surf spots.
Michael and I are both yoga teachers. We run yoga retreats in a hotel in Sagres, in a villa in a village 10 km from Sagres and teach classes in the area and sometimes also at home. Yoga and meditation take an important place in our life, as does healthy food (fresh veggies from our garden), pizza, chocolate and spending time enjoying the beautiful surrounding nature and our family life.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Enjoy the chance to learn surfing, yoga and explore the wonderful nature reserve at Europe's most sunny seaside and be part of our family.
We have 2 projects: Helping us in Sagres, and helping in the yoga retreat.
Project 1: Au-pair & help in house, Sagres (surfersvillage on the south/west coast)
*️️*️️*️️PREFERABLY LONG TERM and with AU PAIR/KIDS EXPERIENCE*️️*️️*️️
The longer you decide to stay with us, the better! For instance July/August/Sept. The kids love to connect with someone that stays for a while and also for us it will be great that you just become part of the family for the summer.
We are looking for someone who has experience with babies/little ones and is fine with helping a bit in the house. We will receive a baby boy in June and then an extra pair of hands for shopping, babysitting, cooking and playing and also very important: going to the beach together, is what we need. In summer one of us loves to take the kids to the beach daily, and then you will be joining to look after the baby or play a bit with Sam, and just help carry things and kids, and enjoy the beautiful ocean together.
- What experience do we offer: Borrow a surf board, join a yoga class, play with the kids on the beach and join our peaceful, healthy and happy family beach life.
- What food included: If we all agree that you like to be part of the family for a while, you will eat with the family (for helping us for 5 hrs a day/5 days a week). If you want more time to do your own thing, then we can agree to just share dinner or even just let you in the kitchen to cook your own meals (in exchange for less helping hours).
- What we expect from you: Honest, happy good vibe! We need you to be able to take responsibility so we can count on each other.
- What we don't want: You coming home noisy, drunk, be lazy and messy. We are a family and it is completely great if you go out to dance and have fun but we don't want to get the mess of it ;-) Also, we like to have some private time so we will agree that for some evenings it is just the family in the living room after dinner.
- Where you will stay: You have a bedroom with own front door, so you can go in and out without disturbing anyone. You share toilet and bathroom with us (for using that you need to pass through our living room).
Project 2: Yoga retreats in Vila do Bispo (10km from Sagres, 3km from west coast)
--- At the moment we only need someone for the yoga retreat May 25-31---
Only available during weeks that we run retreats. You will stay in the villa and help preparing and cleaning the meals 3 times a day, keeping the house tidy (empty bins, light candles, etc) take the guests on a hike to the beach, sometimes a bit of shopping, cleaning, and having a nice chat with the guests. If planning goes well, you are able to join 2 yoga classes a day and sometimes the meditation in the evening and just get to enjoy a wonderful week together! You will arrive the day the retreat starts, we can welcome you around 11. You will meet the team, prepare some things and the guests will arrive late afternoon. We finish the week on Friday around 2pm.
English Dutch German Portuguese and a bit of French
Sagres, with family:
We offer you a used wetsuit, surfboard and very old (sorry) bicycle to use. You have a room with own entrance in our cosy wooden house. It is just a few km from different beaches, there are a few cafes/bars and surf shops in the village, and big supermarket is within 5 minutes walking distance of the house.
Yoga retreat in Vila do Bispo:
We offer you to stay in the yoga retreat villa, which is a few km from the west coast (easy to hitch hike to surf beaches) and 10 minutes walk to the village with several shops and cafes.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Located in the surf and fisherman village Sagres
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Sagres has about 10 Restaurants (indian, italian, portuguese)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ House is just 10 min walk from the beaches
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ 2 minutes walk to the supermarket
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Frequent buses to tourist and culture hub Lagos (is 20km away).
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Surfing is possible directly in Sagres
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Great hiking with ocean view along the cliffs 10 minutes from the house
*️️️️️️️️️️️ Fun busy bars in high season
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week