Final stages of flat decorating and have a spare room available! Happy to offer free stay in exchange for helping decorate the spare room and help with the final touches around the flat!
I'm a kind human being with a variety of interests, so would more than happy take you see many cultural sites and have the occasional trip out together as well to nearby towns and cities! The place I have is in Ripon, one of the smallest cities in the UK and home to one of the largest volunteer communities too! In case interested, I'd love to help you make many other international and special friendships!
I myself am vegan and I work in libraries and volunteer with youth charities, pantomime and community planning projects. I also enjoy my fair share of games, so would likely invite you to join in if interested! I also place LGBTQ+ supportiveness high up on my prioritises, so only inclusive people will be welcome!
Availability is from 26th July - 30th of August.
* Painting walls, installing blinds etc
* Help create artwork for communal spaces!
* Help bring the home to life with sustainable decor ideas and plants!
* DIY / practical skills
What I can provide as a host:
* Single room (with desk, SIMBA mattress, bedding, wardrobe etc)
* Free food
* A chance to enjoy living in one of the smallest and most beautiful cities in England!
* Good company, introducing you to lovely people and taking you around the area on days off!
* A place to feel safe and to do your own thing :)
* Transport to and from Airport/train station
Any questions, please ask! :)
P.S: Local sight-seeing opportunities:
- Ripon Cathedral
- 3 x Ripon Museums
- Lots of independent local shops and cafes
- Plenty of woodland and river spaces (Great for mushroom foraging too!)
- Spa Gardens (beautiful!)
- Good transport links to Harrogate and Leeds.
- Other volunteer opportunities available as well! (Such as library, helping with city planning consultations)
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
I've lived and travelled up and down the country all my life, and I work in North Yorkshire libraries so I have a great grasp of the local history and cultural opportunities in the area. I can also put you in contact with many great people and organisations as I know many people locally and beyond! Whilst there is public transport to get around, I'd more than happy drive you to see nice sites and interesting places, maybe even do the odd weekend away together if we both fancied! I am also comfortable enough teaching English :)
Painting walls, getting artsy with the interior decor, and general odds and ends together in a friendly social environment
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
Single bedroom in a top floor flat - Mostly furnished (though we can work on that together!)
Has great bus links to Harrogate, Leeds, York, Northallerton. Home of Fountains Abbey and Ripon Cathedral. Plenty of lovely small cafes, charities, interesting listed buildings and lovely food! As I'm very social and LGBTQ+ friendly too, we could hang out if desired as friends - complete with boardgames, mushroom foraging and other fun stuff!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
I am working away during the day - so you can have the entire flat to yourself during the day time! - also, internet speeds are high (superfast fibre) so no issues there!
This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.
Maximum 2-3 hours/day, 3 days/week