Hello all the world!
My name is Mohamed but you can call me Chraika. I'm from the desert in the South of Morocco. I was born in the berber nomad family. I speak Arabic, Berber, French and English. My wife is from Poland and she speaks her native language, too. We like to spend good time with people, sitting by the fire, playing drums, cooking, going away into the desert. We enjoy simple, quiet life and appreciate people who respect it.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
If you are interested in:
- getting experience in traditional natural building
- living the life of Saharan nomads
- getting knowledge about Morrocan culture&cuisine,
please feel free to contact me ;)
Currently I am building new huts and rooms for toilet and shower in my desert camp, all using natural materials and tools from the place I live in: clay, sand and wood. I need help for September 2018, the works might also stretch into October. What we are going to do:
- build two new huts with bathroom inside
- build two rooms for shared toilet and shower
- put traditional Moroccan ceramics on floors and walls
- decorate rooms with materials, pictures, mirrors
- refresh paintures on existing huts
- strenghten other constructions before the winter, especially roofs
Arab, Berber, French, English, Polish
The helpers will stay in comfortable clay huts with shared toilet and shower outside. We usually shop and cook together. We are happy to provide cooking classes:)
There is a CTM bus starting from Marrakech at 11.00 am, arriving Mhamid past 9:00 pm, or otherwise you can take an overnight bus arriving Zagora at 8 am, and from Zagora there are shared taxis to M'hamid.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week