Favourited 1295 times
AT THE MOMENT WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR:
-> CRAFTSMAN FOR CONSTRUCTION
-> GERMAN SPEAKERS WHO TAKE CARE OF OUR CHILDREN AND HELP WITH THE COOKING/HOUSEHOLD
ALSO FAMILIES WHO WANT TO VISIT US AND CARE FOR THEMSELVES ARE WELCOME.
Ciao caro Workawayer :)
We are Ai (7), So (36 - Swiss) and Babu (44 - German) a dog, some cats & friends, and a DREAM :)
The idea is it to reawake our nearly abandoned but really dreamlike medieval village in Calabria in the south of Italy and create with some young families an ECO unschooling village.
Although we are (already 3 families and 3 more willing to settle) just at the beginning here and got a lot of ideas. There are some ruins we can build up, some nice cheap houses to be rented and also abandoned gardens/olives groves or land from the municipality for using. The potential to create a near-by-nature unschooling-community is almost unlimited ... but also the work ... so we need helping hands and sympathizers which would like to help us creating a place for lucky children :)
tags: unschooling, homeschooling, worldschooling, Freilerner, Montessori, Célestin Freinet, vegan, permaculture, farming, gardening, sun gazing, green building
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
- enjoy the beautiful area, weather, sea, food, people, ...
- learn Italian, German, French
- learn how to restore old stone-houses
- learn how to build natural stone walls
- learn again to live in tune with the nature
- learn again to play like a child
... or maybe you will celebrate with us
- sitting at the fire
Life is learning and learning is life!
You can help us to:
- spend your time with the children on the beach, showing them your perspective of the world, trekking to the waterfall in the mountains, helping finding their answer to their questions,...
- form places for lucky kids (workshops, creativity rooms, playground, tree houses,...)
- restauration of old houses and ruins - all trades
- recultivate abandoned olive groves and gardens
- terrace construction with natural stones
- cooking, house keeping, making the shoppings to the weekly market and, generally, handle the day-to-day tasks
- form places for lucky animals
- create new ideas for the project or simply beeing a part of the project and stay here for longer :)
In the autumn:
picking olives and making oil
picking grapes and making wine in the traditional way by feet-pressing
nativ italian & german - good english & french & a bit spanish
you'll get of course ...
- your own room or a simple house
- fresh bio vegan food
- Ionian sea
During the time when you be fed up from helping, you can enjoy the amazing landscape or beaches near by, visit historical spots in the region, go hiking and visit nice waterfalls or the wildness in the mountains.
Self made wine, olive oil, olives, dried tomatoes, ... are waiting for you too. And in the autumn you can also make everything by your own :)
The closest airport is "Lamezia Terme" (Easyjet, Ryanair, ... ).
You can also come by bus or train and we pick you up.
Sunny greetings from Calabria :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Max 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: