Favourited 1879 times
AT THE MOMENT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
-> CRAFTSMAN FOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS (min. 25 Years old)
Ciao caro Workawayer :)
I am Babu (48 - German)
My idea was 3 Years ago to reawake our nearly abandoned but really dreamlike medieval village in Calabria in the south of Italy and create with some young families an unschooling village.
During the time we are now 6 Families, one elderly-couple and also 5 Workawayers they settled down here. But we are not living like in a commune and rather try to live in a good neighborhood - according to the motto: everything is possible - nothing is mandatory.
At the moment i build up 2 ruins, create a new garden and want to start a project in a olive groove - a big treehouse for living - ... a lot to do ... so I need helping hands and sympathizers which would like to help me creating lovely places :)
tags: building, restoration, vegan, gardening, farming, sun gazing, green building
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
- learn how to restore old stone-houses (all trades)
- learn how to build natural stone walls
- learn again to play like a child
- learn Italian and German
... or maybe you will celebrate with us
- sitting at the fire
and you can enjoy the beautiful area, weather, sea, food, people, ...
Life is learning and learning is life!
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
You can help us to:
- restauration of old houses and ruins - all trades
- spend your time with the children on the beach, showing them your perspective of the world, trekking to the waterfall in the mountains, helping finding their answer to their questions,...
- form places for lucky kids (workshops, creativity rooms, playground, tree houses,...)
- recultivate abandoned olive groves and gardens
- terrace construction with natural stones
- cooking, house keeping, making the shoppings to the weekly market and, generally, handle the day-to-day tasks
- form places for lucky animals
- create new ideas for the project or simply beeing a part of the project and stay here for longer :)
In the autumn:
picking olives and making oil
picking grapes and making wine in the traditional way by feet-pressing
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
you'll get of course ...
- your own apartment
- fresh bio vegan food
- Ionian sea
During the time when you be fed up from helping, you can enjoy the amazing landscape or beaches near by, visit historical spots in the region, go hiking and visit nice waterfalls or the wildness in the mountains.
Self made wine, olive oil, olives, dried tomatoes, ... are waiting for you too. And in the autumn you can also make everything by your own :)
The closest airport is "Lamezia Terme" (Easyjet, Ryanair, ... ).
You can also come by bus or train and we pick you up.
Sunny greetings from Calabria :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
This host can provide space for campervans.
More than two
Max 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: