HERE IS A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF OUR CAMP SO YOU CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU WOULD BE STEPPING INTO:
This Ranch is a Christian summer camp for youth ages 5-18, offering overnight, teen and day camp programs. We offer adventure and equestrian camps for all riding levels, with recreational activities for campers to have a blast no matter what their interests are!
We encourage young lives to grow spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically in an exciting fun-filled adventure. Campers are regularly reminded of God's love and His perfect plan for each of them.
Some of the activities we have are horseback riding, rock wall, swimming pool, go-carts, zip lines, creek walking, kayaking and so much more!
--IF YOU JOIN US, HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS OF THINGS YOU CAN DO:
MOST URGENT NEED: We are looking for a GROUNDSKEEPER ASAP! This position would be most helpful in May, but can also be used all summer June- August if your schedule permits. This position would oversee the upkeep, lawn cutting, weed whacking, etc. for 22 acres, in addition to other odd jobs and projects around the campground.
1. ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR: This individual would be the righthand guy or gal for our Program Director who is responsible for implementing all things fun around camp while making it the ultimate goal to provide spiritual growth opportunities for the campers.
RANCH HAND- This means helping in the barn, grooming the horses, cleaning the stalls, feeding the horses, bathing the horses and helping kids ride the horses in the COVERED arena.
2. PETTING ZOO CARE TAKER- This means taking care of the animals in the petting zoo. Feeding them and making sure that the space they are living in is clean and tidy. You can also take the animals on walks to make sure they get their exercise.
3. DAY CAMP HELPER- This means helping kids who are 5-10 years old. This is a program where their parents drop the kids off during the day and then pick them up at night. During this time you will help the younger kids with all the fun things they do during the day such as swimming, creek walking, climbing the rock wall, zip line, and many more things.
4. Outdoor Adventure Lead- This person will be in charge of running the rock wall, zip line, ropes course, and many other things. You will be trained so that you know how to do everything the proper way.
5. Groundskeeper- For this position, you will maintain the lawn and any other projects that need to get done for camp.
6. Photographer- Take pictures of the kids during the day and make cool videos for them and the parents to watch!
7. Social media- Take over our social media and post great stories and videos for everyone to enjoy.
8. Artist- Do you like to paint? We will find some areas around camp for you to make it look awesome. We love murals and fun places to take pictures next to.
9. Assistant Cook or Lead Cook- Can you cook for lots of hungry kids?! We need your help!
AS YOU CAN SEE WE HAVE MANY THINGS YOU CAN HELP US WITH AND WE NEED YOU! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS LET ME KNOW. WE ARE OPEN TO DIFFERENT OPTIONS. PLEASE JOIN US THIS SUMMER YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH CAMP LIKE ALL OF OUR CAMPERS DO!
Types of help and learning opportunitiesCharity WorkArt ProjectsTeachingGardeningDIY and building projectsAnimal CareFarmstay helpCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelp around the houseGeneral MaintenanceHelp with Computers/ Internet
UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
You can learn how to cook for large amounts of kids. Take care of animals, learn camp silly camp songs, ride horses, Run a rock wall, zip line and kayaks! You will also learn about the love of Jesus and get an all around great country camp experience! We know you will love it!
Projects involving children
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We have so many things that happen on our campground we are very open for you to help with what you are passionate about!! Shoot us a message and let us know and we will see if we can make it happen for you! We are looking for help 5 hours a day 5 days a week but we think you might enjoy it so much that you may want to help more!
You will stay in a nice furnished trailer. You may be staying by yourself or with 2-3 other people. We do not put guys and girls in the same trailers. You will get all of your food provided for you. Hot water and AC.
What else ...
There are some fun things to do around the area that we can do together on the weekends!
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
How many Workawayers can stay?
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week