Favourited 18 times
Hi! We are a family of four living in a beautiful suburb of Perth, Western Australia, near the Swan River. Our two sons are aged 4 and 2. My husband works close by in the city, and I work from home and need help with kids and around the house.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
In return for approximately 5 hours of work Monday to Friday, we’d provide you a room and board, and hopefully lovely memories of our beautiful city and family!
If English is your second language, you could practice English with us and our children.
You’d have access to our WiFi and pay TV (Foxtel).
We’d encourage a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
Outside your time helping us, you’d be welcome to laze at home, but I’d also encourage you to explore this wonderful area. Our home is in a beautiful suburb, and we are 200 metres from a bus stop, connecting you to the rest of the public transport network of Perth. This would allow you to explore our gorgeous city with ease.
We can provide you a bicycle, and public transport is close by, with many attractions within walking distance.
We live in a quiet leafy suburban street and are about:
- 400-800 metres from cafes, a post office and a major supermarket.
- 1 km from the zoo, library, river and kids school.
- a 10 min drive from Perth city (or Perth city can be accessed via public transport).
- 15 km from pristine beaches.
We’d love some help with the following, mostly when I’m busy in my home office, usually between 7:30am-12:30pm Monday to Friday, but hours may be flexible:
- KIDS: help get bathed/dressed, play with them, take them to the park/library/zoo. If you feel inclined, cook/sing/dance/play music with them! They often enjoy playing independently, so they don’t need to always be entertained. If English is your second language, feel free to teach them what you can of your language and culture. Some school drop offs or pickups will be handy (for the 4 year old).
- HOUSE: general home duties such as washing/hanging/folding clothes (ironing is a bonus!), sweep/mop floors, and miscellaneous cleaning jobs as they arise. If you enjoy cooking, help with preparing dinners on occasions will also be great.
We own a single-storey, fully renovated 1930s Californian bungalow style home on 540 square metres of land (which includes a back yard for the kids to play in).
You will have your own bedroom with comfortable single bed, and share one of our two bathrooms with our family.
We’ll provide your food, and may request your help to prepare and clean up.
We eat dinner as a family around 7pm and you’d be welcome to join us, but not required.
Generally we eat breakfast, lunch and snacks where and when we like.
We have a relatively healthy diet with lots of salad/vegetables, and meat every night (e.g. chicken, beef, lamb, pork or fish). Note that we adults eat very little wheat, and often have gluten free substitutes for pasta etc.
We’d provide your meals, but please provide your own alcohol if desired.
We are a Catholic family and highly value trust and honesty. We don't expect you to be Catholic, but we'd appreciate someone with Christian values.
Please get in contact if you are interested in living with us or if you have any questions! I will also provide you with more information and photos.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week