Hi guys, I will tell a little bit more about us. We are both originally from The Netherlands and now permanently living and working in Hungary. We have a dog and cats and a big garden. My dream for the future is to have deer, chickens and other animals, but still working on that :)! Also I am a pianist and would love to start some music projects here!
We have different projects going on but we can always use the following:
- People for general maintenance:
* there is always a lot of work in the garden and house
- Making a dog kennel in the yard
* this summer we will get a Carpathian Shepherd Dog and we need an outside kennel for this dog that is high enough and strong enough to keep the dog in
- We are in desperate need for a roofer
* we have a big stable that we would like to renovate to use for holding more animals and make my music studio but before we can even start to renovate the stable to make any of this come true, we need help renovating the roof.
- Accros the street we have a second renovation project, it's a house that we would like to use in the future for summer school for young talented pianists under 18 years of age, so that they can stay there and practice, get lessons and workshops and a real experience and in other seasons we can always use it for guests :)
* we need a roofer to check the roof and fix it where needed
* the whole house needs new electricity
* somebody that could tile a bathroom would be amazing!
If there are people willing to help us out, we would be very grateful!
We both speak English, German and Dutch. My Hungarian is still very poor but my boyfriend speaks Hungarian. I speak also a little Russian and French.
Our village is very small and has a bus stop, we also have a second car that can be used. From our village you can start beautiful walks in the woods and over the fields and the Mecsek Mountains are in the next village. Apart from that we live about 40 min by car from the historic university city of Pécs where it's fun to go to the sunday market and go shopping or just enjoy the historic architecture.
There are also other villages around that are nice to visit.
We offer a private bedroom with TV and DVD player and tons of movies to watch. You share the kitchen, living room and bathroom with us.
Hope to welcome some of you this year :)
Help in the house
It's a local village, people could learn here to speak some Hungarian and learn something about the Hungarian culture. Also the bus stops in our village, so it's easy to visit other villages and cities.
For somebody up for the renovation project, they could really learn about the Hungarian building style.
We need some help in the following areas:
- General maintenance of the house and the garden
- Building a dog kennel
- Checking and renovating a roof
- Electric guy (or lady)
- And all other help is also welcome :)
Dutch, English, German and some Hungarian
We offer a bedroom in our house and a shared bathroom and kitchen with us. I am a classical pianist, so there is also a grand piano in the house. We also have a second car that you may use.
The historical city of Pécs is close, we have a second car that people can use and the bus stops in our village. There are local markets, warm water spa's and the nature is amazing. Right from this village you can walk for hours in the woods and lands.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week