We are a Czech family with 6 children and we take care of an old mill. We have build a eco-center for children education, we run day-to-day activity center (preschool) for children up to 6 years old and also home-school for older children. We teach Montessori method. We are non-profit organization.
Also, we have hostel. Children with teachers come to us for stays called "school in the nature". We have a large classroom with a mirror wall for exercise or dance. Furthermore, a small classroom equipped with projection, Montessori playroom, art workshop. Some programs or evening discussions can be held in the dining room.
We will provide rooms with beds for helpers and free food. You can also sleep in tent or in tee-pee in summer, if you wish. We would like our volunteers to be like a part of our family, spending as much time as possible together, playing and talking with kids and with us too. We need to practice English. We also speak Spanish, Russian, Czech and Slovak.
All activities we run are part of NGO, that means we invest profit back to NGO activities such as children education or nature projects.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
We can teach you how to repair house, how to build things in rooms, how to take care of hostel, Montessori method, gardening, landscaping, etc...
What do we expect from you? (You can choose, not all :-)))
- We need help with children activities. You can help us at preschool, or build playground outside. We want you to speak English with kids, learn them speak, sing songs etc. For these kind of stay, we expect to stay at least two months or more (better for children).
- We also need to help with painting of walls - if you know how to draw pictures, we prepare walls for school activities.
- We need help with construction of pier / dock for boats, repair of boats, landscaping.
- We also need help in the garden - maintenance and expansion of the permaculture part of the garden.
- Help with small construction projects - you can learn here.
Please, check photos. We have rooms, which are used for hostel stay, so we will offer you these. You can get your own room and shared bathroom (we have several rooms and two bathrooms available). In summer you can sleep in tee-pee or tent, if you wish.
We have different regime during weekends and during a weekday. Weekends we all eat together breakfast, lunch and dinner. During a normal week we cook for preeschool and for workers and its is busy, so everyone eats, when he/she is hungry. We cook in big hostel kitchen.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week