I was born in 1986 and my father refused to take his parental responsibility since my mother informed him that she is pregnant. My mother struggled a lot with me to give me the nonetheless education I have. I discovered myself how hard was it for me to get education and this made me to think about starting an organisation for helping the most destitute rural women, children and the youth.
The fundamental mission of the organisation I founded is to empower impoverished women, children and the youth living in rural areas through education and assistance to live a dignified life and reach their aspirations by changing themselves their social, cultural and economical backgrounds.
Our organisation is carrying out the following activities in Magu district as our priorities in action plan 2015 - 2020:
1. We provide support and facilitate the access to education for less fortunate children from early childhood stage;
2. We improve the learning environment for children in public schools by supplying them with educational resources and; repair, furnish and or build new school infrastructures;
3. We dig water wells and run training on water treatment for helping rural communities to have access to clean and safe water and reduce the suffering of women and children in the search for water and water related illness;
4. We mobilize and empower women to create self help groups in order to get a platform for them to discuss and exchange ideas on the issues affecting them in all aspects of their lives and plan actions to take as rewarding solutions;
5. We create awareness to boys and girls in secondary schools on gender equality, the effects of early marriages and pregnancies and the education on sexual and reproductive health rights;
6. We advocate and promote gender equality in accordance with all its targets.
We work for the well - being of the less privileged women, children and the youth in Magu district.
Decent life is a right to every human being regardless of the social, cultural, political and economical backgrounds therefore, investing for the better future of those in need is a worth mark to leave in the World.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Computers / internet
The volunteer will learn about our culture as well as our local language but also at the end of the duties, a certificate of appreciation will be provided.
We will have different visit in free entry public places to show the volunteer around and make the stay enjoyable.
- Teaching English Language, sports and games, creative arts in children and adults in daycare centres, public and private primary and secondary schools;
- Art project: Doing painting, drawings, sculpture.
- Video making, photography and social media promotions of our projects;
- Kitchen hand: helping with cooking for children at school or in daycare centres we run;
- Help with administration and social works in our projects and community;
Engish and Swahili
Volunteers will stay in a shared dorm. We work with our trained host families and volunteer will stay in host families. Both food and accommodation are provided free of charge.
They will eat 3 times per day: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Our frequent food are rice, beans, fish, meat, vegetables, ugali, potatoes.
For breakafst we have chapati and andazi (pan cake).
I am a charming and open person working day and night to find a way to make these women, children and the youth we serve realizing their dreams.
I have a very nice staff and any volunteer who have already met them always feel so happy and wanting to be here with us.
We are all cooperative to our volunteers and care for them so much because their time with us means a lot.
I observe our customs and I like to be involved in any social activity for the mutual cooperation of our community.
During the free time the volunteer will be interacting with the community, visiting different famous and remarkable place around using our public transport or going for a Safari if they feel to it and we will connect them with affordable companies
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week