!!! Dear Workawayers !!!
Thank you for the LOT of applications, as I'm still furnishing my home (also the guestroom), I still need time to host you!
I appreciate all your messages and I try to answer all of you as soon as I will know when you could come!
I'm Brigitta (25) from Budapest, Hungary.
I'm a big traveler, work as a flight attendant with Budapest base, I've lived in Italy for more than 1 year and in Austria for 6 months. I've visited several countries such as Portugal, Azores-islands, Spain, all Italy, France, Monaco, Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania (beautiful nature in Transylvania), Greece, Ukraine, Japan, Tunisia and I know many people from abroad.
I live alone with my big dog 20 mins from the Liszt Ferenc International Airport, Budapest - in a calm garden suburb, far from the city noises but still close if you need anything - in a 3-bedroom house with a big garden, 45 mins from the beautiful and historical Budapest city center by public transport (the nearest bus stop is only 3 mins by feet).
As I fly a lot, I need help at home.
There are 2 options:
- DOG- AND HOUSE SITTING: When I'm working, I only need help with my dog. I give him food and water before I leave and after I arrive (I fly half day: or from early morning until late night, or from evening until morning). Your tasks are only to clean the garden after him (3 minutes in a day), and walk with him. If you're able to, you can train him and play with him also. (When I arrive home, and I still have power, I go to run to the forest with him, but as he is a young and powerful boy, he needs a lot of sport.) So you have to "work" only 2 hours in a day, the rest is yours to explore Budapest, taste the famous traditional Hungarian food and make a city trip. But you're responsible for my dog and houses' well-being, you have to be sure that he is tired and happy before you leave, he has fresh water and the house and the garden are clean. We have night public transport also, so you can have party in the Budapest nightlife, but only when I'm sleeping at home (you have to stay at home for the nights when I'm not at home). As it sounds like a holiday, I can offer you a private bedroom with unlimited utility, but no food (I eat at the airport with my collegaues and I don't have time to cook for you after long shifts, but you can reach the nearest restaurants or stores 5 mins by feet or eat in the center).
- GARDENING AND BUILDING: When I have day-offs, I need help with renovating and gardening. I have a lot of plans with the house, I want to make a separated dog area at the backyard. I also have an empty, heated small house which I want to make comfortable - I haven't decided yet if it should be a gym or a meditation cozy house or a nice home for my dog and for his things. I also have a small plant-house where I want to plant cactuses. I want to make a terrace too in the front yard for social events. I have grapes and fruit trees what need some care. And I need help inside the house also with furnishing. So there are a lot of things to do, and I need strong and hard-working people for these projects. You can sleep in your private room and all your living costs and food are included. I like to cook Hungarian but you can show your traditional food also, I love to try new things 🙂 And after a long and productive day we can relax in the garden and drink Palinka!
Please note: if you want to choose the opportunity with my dog, you should know that he is a full-breed american pitbull terrier. I know, you're a true animal-lover and you can whisper with any type of dog, but he has 30kgs of power, and he can use his muscles very well. So if you're afraid from strong animals, this work is not good for you. You have to be always confident with him and control him. He should accept you as his leader. If you're interested, you can take a walk with him to the nearest dog training center, where you can learn how to train him (30 mins by walk).
I have experience as a volunteer and host also, so I know the feeling from both sides. I don't ask you anything what I would not want to do also. But I care about the cleanliness of my home, and you should clean after yourself in every room what you use. You don't have to clean after me, so I don't want to clean after you too - everybody is responsible for her/his own belongings.
If you plan to stay longer, and you can take-on all 2 options, I can manage to spend time with you - I can give you tips where to go in the city, but I prefer sporty programs if you like to make new challenges: I can teach you how to ride a horse (if you're advanced, we can have a horseback tour), we can spend time outdoor (I'm a nature-lover), or you can come to rock-climbing with me (usually to the boulder hall in the city, or outside with other climbers - in Hungary there are only small hills). If you're interested in paragliding, I can show you cool places and you can meet friendly and sporty people.
It would be cool if you could teach me new extreme things also.
If you're an outdoor and sporty person, we will have a lot of fun! No stress- and problem-makers! Positive thinking and cheerful people only with good sense of humour.
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
DOG- AND HOUSE SITTING:
In this option, it's more like a holiday for yourself, perfect for exploring Budapest and the cities nearby, and you don't have to pay for your rental. I will not have time to show you places and people or cook for you any traditional food after my long shifts, but you can ask me tips where to go. You will have your own room, kitchen, bathroom and living room what you can use anytime, and a big garden. Quiet neighborhood, garden suburb, nice people around. Perfect public transport, 45 mins from the city center, there are night buses also so you can try the Budapest nightlife. The famous Sziget Festival is 1hour 20mins by public transport or 40mins by car.
GARDENING AND BUILDING:
You will have your own room, shared kitchen, bathroom and living room, big garden. I can cook for you traditional food, you can work with my family, learn Hungarian. You can go to the city center after your working hours, my dad can bring you there or you can go by bus. I can give you tips where to go, I can show you places and people. This option is good if you're open-minded, international, love to meet new people and want to see our culture. We can do sport and spend time in the nature if you want to join me.
IF YOU STAY LONGER TIME and you can mix all 2 options: You will have a lot of time to explore Budapest alone when I'm working, and also to be together with me, my family and friends when I have off-days. We are international, everybody speaks in English and other languages, I have a lot of friends from abroad. We can go to bouldering, horseriding (I'm a rider since 15 years), paragliding, Budapest tour, I can show you a lot of cool places. We can train together, I was a professional rhythmic gymnast if you want to improve your flexibility and body-control. You can join me when I'm traveling, Balaton lake for the summer, or abroad to the nearby cities and countries with my dog. I'm adventurous and love to try new exciting things (you could teach me how to ride my favourite Kawasaki Ninja :) I would prefer sporty, cool guys with extreme and outdoor interest, open-minded, international thinking, with good sense of humor, cheerful personality.
DOG- AND HOUSE SITTING: You're responsible for my dog's well-being, it means you have to walk, do sport, play or train him. You have to make him tired every day, it takes 1-3 hours depending on the previous day (sometimes he is lazy after a long day). You have to be sure he has fresh water always, he doesn't have any problem or pain. You have to tidy the house and garden after yourself and him. You will be alone all day, so you have to be responsible and you should make plans and programs for yourself alone. You have to stay at home for the nights when I'm away.
- dog-trainers welcome
- only with experience with strong-type dogs (a 1-year-old pitbull is not the golden retriever what you had when you were a child)
- confident, calm and responsible people only
GARDENING AND BUILDING: I need strong people for these projects, you have to be hard-working and strong to hold and push furnitures, fences, walls etc. You need to know how to use tools, and I would appreciate if you're creative enough to give me tips. Sometimes my dad and brother come to help me too, they both can speak in English and together we can work faster (as I'm a tiny girl with a lot of ideas, you have to listen how I want the things). I have gardener too who can help us outside.
You don't have to do anything with the dog, you don't need experience with animals, but you should be not afraid to work next to him. :)
- I would prefer handymen with good physical skills
- experience with building and gardening are useful
- hard-working and creative
IF YOU WANT TO STAY LONGER: If you have the skills both for my dog and for the renovating, you can stay longer.
- extreme and sporty people more than welcome
- positive-thinking and cheerful mind are essential
As I have experience with hosting, I can only accept volunteers over 21 years. Sorry.
Hungarian, English, Italian, I understand French and German very little
Private bedroom with double-bed, cabinets, view to the garden. Shared living room, kitchen, bathroom, big garden. Quiet and calm garden suburb, nice neighborhood.
5 mins walk from the grocery store and confectionery . 10 mins from churches, post office, pharmacy, bakery. Nearest bus stop is 3 mins, train stop is 15 mins. Regional center is 15 mins by bus where you can find everything: supermarket, dm, beauty salon, sport and archer field, outdoor gym, fitness and fight club, swimming pool and tons of stores and restaurants to eat and drink.
Riding hall 20 mins, nature reservation 40 mins by feet.
The city center is easily reachable anytime by public transport.
I host people only over 21 years.
I would prefer people who can stay longer.
Climbers, dog trainers, people from Portugal, Azores-islands are more than welcome!! :)
If you're searching for good host with similar tasks in Austria, I can offer you my friend's place with his dogs :)
Sometimes I host other flight attendants and pilots for some nights from other countries, if you want, you can join us for a garden party.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
2 hours every day - OR - 4 hours in a day, 6 days in a week