Favourited 820 times
Hi! I am Amy and I have lived in Puerto Lindo now for around 3 years and am involved in many different projects! This part of the world is absolutely beautiful and i like living at a more relaxed, chilled pace of life while i do the things i love! I currently have 3 dogs that live with me on the property.
I make my money by renting out the house I live in and organising some simple tours and excursions in Panama and I am currently looking for people who can help me with this. Normally, when the house is rented, I leave and the people who are volunteering for me relocate to the little casita which is also on the property. It is small and very basic but has a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and porch area.
Generally, I expect around 2-3 hours a day. The duties would include:
- helping prepare the house for customers and being a general point of contact for them
- feeding, playing with and stroking the dogs every day
- cleaning and maintaining the pool
- cleaning and very simple general maintenance on the house
Full training will be given on everything.
I setup a small charity in 2014 that helps setup low cost spay and neutering programs. It recently received official charitable status so I am working hard on expanding that and am especially interested in hearing any good ideas on fundraising and raising exposure! If you are interested, you can also continue with the work of the charity - distributing food and simple medicines and being a general point of contact, but please be aware, this will be as a side project alongside the house rentals and tours
Some Spanish would be a bonus, but not essential.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Travellers at my place will definitely get back whatever they put in! I definitely need my private time and I only ask for 3 hours a day so you will have PLENTY of time to get out and about and explore the area! I am incredibly happy to share my experiences, my friends, my lifestyle and my projects with you so what could you learn?????
- You are going to be living in the back end of nowhere - internet is patchy at best, cell signal sometimes goes out, electricity sometimes goes out, and water? well, we either have far too much or far too little! This is a great way of experiencing a really different way of life, almost (or at least sometimes!) away from 'civilisation' and learning about adjustments and survival skills you can then take anywhere. It's not always easy, but you will feel much more self reliant and capable after!
- You can learn all about dog health and how to take that out into a developing community
- You can practise Spanish with me, my workers and the local community
- You can spend time with the local expat community and the local boating community. Puerto Lindo especially is full of boaters. Most people have ended up here after a million adventures and everyone has an interesting story.
- You can spend time in the jungle and if you are interested, I can help arrange guides or camping trips so you can really practise your jungle skills!
- You can spend your time snorkeling on the local coral and explore the local fish and marine life.
- I have some great connections in the local community here and can help you find people to take you fishing, practise your language skills, get you to the islands or if you want to spend time developing your own projects, I can help you with that too!
There are lots of things to do and participate in here, like I said, you will get out what you put in. Or if you fancy some down chilling time, you can sling up a hammock and watch the world go by!
What I really want is people who are looking for some very chilled out down time and a relaxed workaway experience, but who are able to work by themselves in a mature and responsible way. The chores I expect you to do around the house are really easy and require no prior experience, but you will often be here without me so I need you to have good communication and feel confident that you will be ok alone!
If you want to get involved in other projects, that is your choice and i'll work with you to give you a project that really matches your skills.
While I am away, the accommodation would be in the main house on the property. This is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 balconies, pool, BBQ area and kitchen. It is very spacious and comfortable with fantastic views over the oceans. It really is an idyllic and very private area.
This part of the world is beautiful, but quiet. I ask our workawayers to respect this. If you are a party animal, this probably is not the place for you! Drink, smoke, do what you like, but respect the locals and their ways of life. If you cannot do this, you will be asked to leave immediately.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ I DO NOT HAVE A RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION *️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
If you want to use good, mostly reliable internet here, you will have to walk the 25 minutes to the local dive shop. Or, if you have a Panamanian phone, you can buy data with movistar or claro which normally work on the property.
It's a great area for hiking, swimming, horse riding, kayaking, boating, snorkeling, exploring, lounging around and chilling. If you're into bars, clubs, and shopping, please don't come - you will not find these things here! We are nestled in the jungle and have the caribbean islands and coast line on our doorstep. The jungle is great for exploring and spotting wildlife. Sloths and monkeys are daily visitors.
If you're interested or have any questions, please drop me a line!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: