My name is Yael. I am French (but have grown up in Anglosaxon countries for most of my life), my husband (Yaniv) is Israeli and we have 2 boys ages 11 (Gavriel) and 12 (Nouriel) . We love animals so we have a dog (Chima), a goose (Lady Gaga) and 2 ducks (Fobus and Dimus).
At home we speak a mixture of Hebrew, English and French (my husband doesn't speak French)!
In the afternoons, I teach English to local school children in groups of 4 or less (ages mainly between 7-14).
I also have a new naturopathic business which is starting to take off and which needs much more attention than I am currently able to give it.
So I would love for a native English speaker to come and share our home and give me a hand - depending on the days - with the following:
1) Preparing meals and helping in the kitchen - that's the key area where we would like help
2) Helping my children improve their English (helping them with homework, reading texts, conversing with them etc.)
3) Help taking out and folding the laundry, cleaning & tidying
4) The English lessons in the afternoons when the need arises (e.g. when I need to be away, sick...)
5) If you have any other skills would love you to share them with us - fitness, yoga, guitar playing...whatever you are passionate about.
We have a big house and I am very much in favor of “the more the merrier”!!
But you can choose to be as much or as little part of our family life as you wish.
- We sit together as a family for dinners most nights and always for Friday dinners (The focus of our cuisine is on wholesome natural food - I am a naturopathic doctor after all!)
- I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen (I have a huge range of appliances!) creating healthy yet tasty recipes. If you are into cooking would love to think up of new things and experiment together!
- When the weather is good my husband and kids spend Fridays at the beach (15 minutes drive)
- I love running and often go for runs with the dog in the fields and orchards of a nearby Kibbutz (1.5 km away)
You are more than welcome to join us in these activities as much as you like! We can also help you find any local activities you may be interested in (any kind of sports, arts activities etc)
I am a kind, fair, flexible and reasonable person...as long as you are too - we will be just fine!!
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
First and foremost you will experience the life and culture of Israel and have the opportunity to travel around the country. We will be more than happy to give you tips on places to go etc.
If you wish to learn Hebrew it is ideal - you could combine going to an Ulpan with helping us out. You could then practice your Hebrew with us!
This host offers accommodation and payment.
General Help and Cooking
Someone who knows their way around the kitchen, and enjoys preparing wholesome meals is important!
Help with the English:
You do need to be a native English speaker.
Prior experience teaching English would be a plus for when you need to take over a few lessons from me (although of course I will explain what you need to do in each lesson and what books to use)
A little bit of Hebrew would be a plus to make communication with the younger children easier - but it is not a must.
We have a beautiful house with a garden in Beer Yaacov (20 km from Tel Aviv).
You would have you own room on the same floor as the children.
We do not have a TV in the living room but are happy to provide one for your room if you wish.
We have a small house gym - with a professional running machine (I love long distance running) and all sorts of other gym gadgets.
We have a nice garden where we eat and spend a lot of our time when the weather is nice.
The house is less than 10 minutes walk to the train station - a train ride to Tel Aviv is 30 minutes.
We have both a Kibbutz and a Moshav within less than 5 minutes drive. I love nature so I often go there for runs.
We are a 15 minutes drive to the beach.
There is a local (open air) swimming pool and gyms a few minutes away.
There is a small mall (with a supermarket, restaurants, coffee shop etc) within 10 minutes walk of the house.
We are less than 10 km away from the new commercial center of Rishon Lezion with lots of malls, a cinema complex, lots of cafes and restaurants.
Your meals will be fully covered. You are welcome to sit down with us or eat at your own times. We have two fridges full of food!! You will not go hungry in this house!
Overall, our food is wholesome and natural. I don't believe in eating processed food. We eat do meat and dairy but our diet is largely plant based. So if you are a vegetarian or vegan, our diet will suit you.
We are happy to stock any foods (as long as they are Kosher) that you particularly like (e.g. a particular brand of breakfast cereals etc.)
We love our house and want to keep it a nice environment to live in - so we ask you to respect it and tidy after yourself
We are non smokers
We keep Shabbat - although we don't expect you to keep it, please respect the house's environment (no cooking, doing laundries etc on Shabbat).
We keep a Kosher kitchen - so please do not bring non Kosher food into the house
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hours, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: