Favourited 166 times
Situated in the heart of the Forillon National Park in an exceptional natural environment, where the sea meets the mountains, we are a privileged participant in sea kayaking in Quebec. Our mission is to provide an unrivaled experience in sea kayaking or zodiac safely while respecting the ecological integrity of our collective natural heritage.
• Sharing moments of life with a team of outstanding guides who like to share their knowledge and techniques, on the sea, wildlife and local history, kayaking. Sea kayaking surf sessions in the waves of Cap aux Os in perceptive!
• Possibility to participate in kayak and zodiac excursions according to your schedule and the availability of a free place on departures (meeting with seals, sunset, Cap Gaspé)
• Proximity to the Forillon National Park with its many discovery activities (talks, exhibitions ...), hiking and meetings with exceptional wildlife (black bears, seals, whales, seabirds, porcupine and much more)
• Advantageous discounts on the activities of our partners (canyoning, horse riding, snorkeling)
• Loan a bike to make traveling easier
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Some varied missions can be asked
FOR 2020 END OF SEASON (from september 20th to otober 15th, flexible)
We will need your help to close the season and getting ready for 2021, your arms will be used to :
- Improve our site and plant some edges (between our campsites)
- Store all the equipement for the winter
- Help moving some decks and level them
Need a couple or two friends that are able to work manually outside.
We can be flexible on the date and also on the daily schedule (to give you the opportunity to explore)
FOR 2021 SUMMER SEASON
Receptionist (front desk) / Communication officer (e-mail, marketing and social media) / Visitor services representative (rental euipement)
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the workawayer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Inform customers at the reception kiosk and by phone.
- Welcome participants to the activities and to the souvenir shop.
- Save reservations for activities and accommodation in our computer system, make invoices and make payments.
- Manage reservations via the website form on our computer system
- Respond to emails and send booking confirmations
- Welcome and install campers at check-in
- Feed social networks
- Manage relations with partners (employee reception agreements on our activities)
- Manage relationships with customers (satisfaction survey, respond to reviews ...)
- Distribute promotional material (leaflets, etc.)
- Manage the multimedia bank
- Supervise the rental of recreational equipment (self-guided activity: quadricycles, bikes, paddle boards, recreational kayak ...)
- Maintain the rental equipment in working order, carrying out minor repairs, informing the person responsible for major repairs and applying an inspection routine
- Clean the equipment upon return from rental.
- Other related tasks necessary for the proper functioning (replacement on other positions, household tasks, work ...)
- Be organized, smile and be comfortable in front of the public
- Have autonomy and manage self-learning
- Have ease with IT tools (Google Drive)
- Be motivated to give his best to satisfy customers
- Know how to work in a team and evolve positively
- Speak French and English
- If necessary, hold a valid work permit for Canada
- Be available from early June to mid September
- Be willing to spend the summer on a camp with the team (we grow vegetables, take care of 3 chickens and some of our guides have huskies dogs)
In exchange of 25h/week we offer accommodation in private 10x12 wall tent on a wood frame on private land (the 'camp guides') a 5 minute walk to the beach and 150$/week as food allowance. We invite each helper, if they want to, to work 40h/week to have the opportunity to earn a salary for "overtime" hours. Each tent comes with a bed, sleeping bag and pillow, a small table and two chairs, and a rechargeable light. All of our helpers have access to a shared outdoor kitchen and an indoor bathroom and we provide all the items for cooking. There is a grocery store just by the camp. Wifi is available at the work place.
• For those who love the water, it is possible to pass the level 1 sea kayak recognized by Paddle Canada for free (value $ 250) if you are available at the end of May / beginning of June (2 days of training).
• All that Gaspésie has to offer in summer !!! ... fires on the beach, barbecues, good atmosphere, unusual encounters, surprising wildlife, microbreweries, lobsters ...
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families