Welcome Volunteer Applicant!
We would like to welcome you to our 2013-2014 volunteer program.
Ours is a small hostel with a lot of heart. When conceived, the owners took a serious commitment to change how travelers experience hostels. In order to truly change the game, we acknowledged the importance of a proficient volunteer program where travelers not only work in return for their stay, but also contribute to the experience. Fueled by this fact, we designed a volunteer program that fuses our needs to your goal of getting to know our beautiful country without compromising your wallet.
Our program is heavily travel-driven. We aim to provide volunteers the change to get the most of their trip so that in turn we may reap the benefits of a motivated and determined staff.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
As of right now (May 2014) we are looking for a volunteer that could add more value to the hostel by helping with skills in different areas not related to maintenance and house cleaning.
We are looking for people with backgrounds in the following areas:
• Business Administration: Marketing, Inventories, Human Resources
• Graphic Design
• Web Design
• Art & Muralism
You must have a resume or a portfolio that proves your backgrounds in the area you are more capable; people without those backgrounds can still send their applications to be considered for the volunteer.
Our volunteers will provide housecleaning, marketing, and food services. Volunteers will be assigned tasks which importance is directly related to our customer retention and satisfaction strategies.
They will be in charge of the following:
• Enforcing our sanitary processes and regulations, at all times aiming to maintain and exceed our standards, thus decreasing customer turnover.
• Promoting the hostel throughout Costa Rica through direct marketing methods.
• Preparing daily meals for guests and staff members.
We are looking for the following people:
• English is a must.
• Spanish is a plus, although not required.
• 18-30 (nothing personal against older folks, we are just a youth hostel)
• Both genders.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Will power
• Good personal skills
We offer three different programs:
Basic-Works 5 days per week; 5 hours per day; 3 hours on call
Premium-Works 2.5 days per week;5 hours per day; 3 hours on call
Bonanza-Works 2.5 days per week; 5 hours per day; 2 hours on call
Our three programs benefits:
• Free accommodation and access to the hostels services
• Free coffee and tea
• Free breakfast
• Free one day tour: awesome one day road trip to a volcano or other national park in the central region.
• Free Tico Seminar: an introduction to Costa Rican culture and language to help volunteers settle in his/her first days.
• Commission based referral program.
• Friends with the owners (always a benefit).
Furthermore, the Premium and Bonanza programs both include the following benefits:
• Hostal T Shirt
• Laundry Service: 5 kilograms of free laundry service per month
• Beach Party: free weekend trip to a beachfront house in Jaco beach (includes accommodation, transportation and breakfast)
• Bus tickets to the Hot Springs in Arenal Volcano and to our Cloud Forest in Monteverde
• Carpe Chepe: pub crawl that takes you to 5 of San Jose's hottest bars
• Minimum: 15 days
• Maximum: 3 months
• 1 position
• All year round
Basic Program: staff quarter (includes breakfast)+benefits
Premium Program: staff quarter with shared bathroom (includes breakfast)
Bonanza Program: staff quarter with shared bathroom (includes breakfast)
Please contact us so we can send you detailed information of our volunteer program.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hours per day.