Favourited 938 times
I live in a beautiful village in the mountains close to Ronda where I work as a writer and walking guide.
In the autumn/winter I get two village houses into shape for the coming rental season. The work involves painting, gardening, preparing meals and dropping down to the village to shop.
You'll need to be of independent spirit, responsible and happy to look after things on your own from time to time.
(If you're savvy about internet/social media or a good photographer, that would be a nice bonus.
I need to get more active with blogging/SEO as a platform for my walking guides. And having new images for my existing websites would be great. But neither of those skills/knowledge is essential.)
You'll need a driving licence and be 25 years old - my car insurance only covers drivers aged 25+.
You can have the use of a car for the occasional short trip.
You'll have your own bedroom and bathroom and an amazing view of the Grazalema mountains.
Thanks for checking out my profile.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
- I write about Spain and enjoy sharing my love of Spanish culture and local lore
- huge collection of books about Spain and its culture
- we can speak Spanish if you're learning the lingo
- many of my friends are Spanish and you'll be staying in an authentic 'pueblo blanco'
- you can join me on some of my hikes and join in the fun when I meet up with friends
- shopping and cooking
- some driving (picking me up/dropping off at trailheads)
English, Spanish, French, some German ...
- you'll have a beautiful room with your own bathroom with stunning views of the Grazalema mountains
- the house has wifi as well as a desktop computer that you're welcome to use
- you'll be staying in a friendly village, non-touristy, within easy walking distance of bars and shops and close to Ronda
- i have an easy-going lifestyle and enjoy good food, wine and company
- this is one of the most beautiful parts of Andalucía
- there are buses from the village to Ronda (@20min), Sevilla, Cádiz and Málaga with plenty of blablacar connections
- great hiking/running trails straight out from the house
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours, 5 days a week