We are a family of five, with three little children.
At the beginning of January 2014 we opened our small beachfront hostel here, on what we think is Panama's most stunning and beautiful beach- Playa Venao!
In order for things to run smoothly we are looking for volunteers to help a few hours at the hostel reception and clean/maintain our garden-/beach-areas.
What we have to offer in return for your help is accommodation, a warm welcome and a stunning beach, right at your doorstep!
Help with Eco Projects
Help with Computers/ Internet
Helping in the hostel reception is a great way to interact with people of all back-grounds! You will certainly make new friendships and connections!
If you like working the land you will surely find your stay here satisfactory. Staying on our Finca is a great way to connect with nature and to enjoy an Eco-friendly environment.
We are looking for someone that is mature, trustworthy, reliable, flexible, open and friendly; willing to help out with whatever is required at the time. We want someone who is ready and happy to volunteer and knows how to use their initiative.
We need you to be present, alert and prepared to help. We are relaxed, friendly, warm, open and welcoming people, but we really really value hard workers!
We have two positions available - one for help at reception and one for help in the garden.
Tasks at a reception:
(You will need both conversational Spanish- and English- skills.)
- Checking people in and out of the hostel, being the go-to-person for guests for any inquiries, and possibly taking reservations by phone and email.
- Minor cleaning and tidying jobs - Emptying bins, wiping down surfaces, sweeping, mopping up wet floors, etc., to keep the place spotless! We have a name for being a clean, tidy hostel. It is imperative that volunteers understand the importance of helping us to maintain this. We are looking for someone who enjoys housework and values a clean and tidy environment, the kitchen is in constant need of supervision and there are always dishes to be put away from the drying rack. We have great cleaning staff so volunteers are not required to scrub toilets, but you would overlook general cleanliness.
We ask for 20 weekly hours in return for accommodation. You will have plenty of time to enjoy the tranquillity that our place is known for and go surfing, which is undoubtedly the passion of most of our volunteers. We will provide a neat monthly deal for a surfboard rental as well as 30% off on any purchases from our little reception shop that sells basic supplies. You will be staying in one of our popular dorm rooms located right behind the beach and our volunteers always feel very much at home after very little time.
The position is open to those who can commit to a minimum of a 6 weeks stay, preferably longer. The ideal amount of time for volunteers to fully dive into our vibe seems to be 2 months and up.
Tasks For the gardening position
We need your help to clean and maintain our beach-area, to collect firewood as well as to light a nice fire in front of the hostel on busy nights - you will need to be someone who enjoys gardening and getting their hands dirty. Helping hours are 2/day - 6 days/week.
- Lighting and keeping alive a nice fire in front of the hostel in the late afternoons/evenings.
- Little jobs in the garden
- watering the lawn
- maintaining the beach area
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The reception position :
We have a dorm-bed in our awesome beachfront hostel for you!
The gardening position:
Beach cleaning and gardening maintenance gets compensated with free camping. Please bring your own gear. You will have access to the the showers/toilets common area and kitchen of the dorm.
You will also be eligible for a 30% discount on all our shop items and board rentals!
Ask for our website for pictures and more info!
Widen your horizon, come to a wild, wild country full of natural beauty, Playa Venao is the place to go!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
20 hours maximum
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: