Favourited 274 times
- Proficient English is a must. Although I do speak Spanish & French. Must be trustworthy, reliable, friendly, have a good sense of humour and hardworking. Must be able to work independently too.
- Farm development duties may include handling young thoroughbred horses, mucking out, indoor/outdoor painting, power washing, gardening, dog walking & feeding, cleaning around the house, cooking. May be on your own on the odd occasion. Tasks vary depending on weather and your specific skills.
- no couples.
- also looking for a Japanese speaker willing to help us improve on our Japanese.
- Bowling, Golf club and Pub are within walking distance. There is a Bus stop just outside the farm with services to Dublin airport, Dublin city centre, nearby towns & further.
- Would suit someone with experience with horses best, or with a farming/agricultural background. Ultimately we want you to have an enjoyable experience with us so we will take good care of you.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
We speak fluently: English, French and Spanish (our employee also speaks perfect French and some Italian). Accommodation is provided. We tend to be very generous with people who have the right working ethos and friendly attitude.
We are a friendly young couple currently developing a studfarm. We mostly have young thorougbreds over from France bred to race. We also have a young full-time employee to helps us, workaways love spending time working alongside him. Duties include caring for the horses, general farm maintenance, mucking-out, riding-out, lunging, painting boxes, powerwashing/disinfecting stables etc.
We are also renovating our house which is built as a Spanish Villa and has a big garden. Other duties may therefore include gardening, cleaning/tidying inside and outside the house, looking after the vegetable garden, general housework.
We have a lovely female dog (BIG dog breed: samoyed).
English, French & Spanish
Double rooms and twin rooms available.
We live in the heart of horse racing. You can have access to plenty of enjoyable race days. The Curragh, Naas and Punchestown are very near, so is the historic Irish National Stud. Dublin is only 40 mins away.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week