Favourited 1592 times
We are a hospitality family business founded in 1991 by a couple with a dream. A Palestinian immigrant and a Venezuelan. We are located in a remote part of the Orinoco River Delta, and we host travelers from all over Venezuela and the world who want to come and experience a unique time in nature.
"Roaring howler monkeys welcome the dawn. Piranhas clamp onto anything that bleeds. Screaming clouds of parrots gather at dusk, and weaving bats gobble insects under the blush of a million stars. For wildlife-viewing on the water's edge.
A deep-green labyrinth of islands, channels and mangrove swamps engulfing nearly 30,000 sq km – the size of Belgium – this is one of the world's great river deltas and a mesmerizing region to explore. Mixed forest blankets most of the land, which includes a variety of palms. Of these, the moriche palm is the most typical and important, as it is the traditional staple food for the delta's inhabitants, the Warao people, and provides material for their crafts, tools, wine and houses."
- Lonely Planet
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
An incredible cultural experience interacting with nature, travelers, and the Warao indigenous community.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Volunteers - Only Serious applicants please.
Please READ CAREFULLY: Applications with no attention to the following 4 points, WILL NOT be considered.
*️️️ Clearly indicate dates available. At the beginning of your mail.
*️️️ Your Facebook or Instagram address if available. Copy and paste the exact address, please. If you don't have one, please inform us.
*️️️ Minimum stay, 1 month, could be negotiable.
* Fluent or moderate English
* Preferrably some Spanish, so you can communicate with our local team. Let us know your level of expertise.
* Is willing to live in harmony with nature. We are in the middle of the jungle, away from any sort of civilization. There are mosquitoes at night, there is no AC or hot water.
How to get here:
- International arrival to Caracas Airport.
- From Caracas take a flight to Maturín or Puerto Ordaz (about $50, we can help you book it)
- From Maturín or Puerto Ordaz we can help you arrange land and river transport to the Lodge
What we offer:
We offer interested Workawayers from all over the world an opportunity to join our team at our Jungle Lodge. We have a wide range of activities you can participate in.
- Three meals a day. Meals are usually based on: rice, eggs, cornflour, cheese, plantains, black or kidney beans, and vegetables. We occasionally serve chicken, meat, and fish. We can adapt to your diet as long as it is reasonably within our capabilities and budget.
- We provide you with a private cabin in our garden with a private bathroom. You will occasionally have to share your cabin with other team members of the same gender if space becomes limited. Sharing will be for a maximum of 1 to 3 nights at a time. You will have your own space almost 100% of the time, as it is very rare that space will become limited.
- Work activities can vary but are not limited to the following: Bartending, tour guiding, housekeeping, painting, gardening, animal care (We have a parrot, 4 dogs, and 2 cats).
- You will be interacting with guests from all over Venezuela and the world.
- You will have plenty of free time to read, hang around in a hammock, take an afternoon or an early morning kayak ride. Life is slow in the Delta.
- This is a photographer's paradise.
- Great place for swimming and kayaking, and simply relaxing and enjoying nature.
- Satellite internet is available for a few hours every day, usually after 5pm. It is not very fast, but it is enough to send emails, use WhatsApp, and light use of social media.
- Our staff are very friendly and has been working with workwayers for the last 6 years. Nature Lives Here.
Beautiful jungle style cabins with private bath, See photos.
An incredible cultural experience interacting with nature and the Warao Indians Tribe.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hours a day, 5 days a week maximum