We are a project that cultivates alternative and 'soulstainable' activities.
We are just starting, so a very interesting time to be part of.
In one of my gipsy moves, I came to Sunshine Coast Hinterland and fell in love...
Said good bye many times and kept coming back .. why wouldn't I?
We are nested amongst organic farmers, music & food festivals, cooperatives, amazing wild life, swimming holes, in a valley, 20 minutes to Maleny and another extra 20 minutes to the beach...
Just got a piece of land in an ecovillage and I am keen to transform it into a collective space for travellers & seekers.
The project is in early stages, so we need help on building, fixing up things, renovation, gardening, art projects, cleaning, weeding, cooking... plenty of options! :) it is a combination on what are your interest/ want to learn + skills + what needs to be done and the weather!!
My preference is to focus on few days of full day off work and then full days off - which is perfect for your to explore surround areas or even find a part time work (Beerwah, Glass House Mountains, Noosa, Brisbane, etc).
You will make the most of this area if you come with your own transport.
However, I am happy to pick you up from Maleny town or Beerwah train station.
NO SMOKERS of any kind and regular alcohol drinkers - no exception.
And dogs/ cats are not allowed at the Ecovillage.
Please, bring your willingness to learn, share, laugh, play, interact and so on.
Jobs can be adaptable to what you love doing it and change all the time, but some skills needed are:
- creation of pedal power appliances, such as a pedal powered washing machine
- general gardening maintenance
- organising/ cleaning/ creating a relax/ community space
- up cycling - creating things from nothing or 'rubbish'
- brush cutting
- etc etc - you tell me what you can/ want do too!!
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
At the moment, we need help with:
- creation of efficient systems od usage of space
- setting up the home: carpentry work, painting, creating home, bit of reno, loads of upcycle
- make things out of bamboo
- on going gardening: orchard, veggie garden, new garden beds, removing weeds
- set up food production systems
- create off the grid projects: rocket stove, pedal power washing machine, etc etc - you named it and we wanted it!
English, Brazilian Portuguese, bit Italian, something Spanish and really good in mimic
Several options: camping or mattress or private room
We do love host people keen and open to a life style close to Nature and living simple.
We want to host travellers that seeking for a real experience in life where we can become friends, share our hearts, have conversations and actions on how to make a better world, how to grow food, generating alternative energy & regeneration system, care for Gaia and Self.
Seriously, no smokers please.
If you are just looking for a place to be a tourist; there are plenty of another options for you in somewhere else.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours per day
My Photo Album