This is a quiet village situation to best suit an independent, mature person who respects privacy. Two people considered. One to two weeks is my coping ability, though up to 4 weeks considered for correct person.
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Solitude, peace, tranquility.
Events in tourist seasons.
Pursue interests - reading, music, art, writing, walking, cycling, kayaking, wild river swimming.
Learn / speak French / English.
Local culture and nature.
Share recipes, preparation, cooking, clearing dishes.
Piano currently un-tuned.
TASKS in random order despite numbered.
Men or women according to your strength, stamina, experience and ability.
13. Use electric saw to convert apx 2 sq metres of unused pine rafters into kindling.
14. Aox 6 sq m of earth in open walled shed needs concrete floor whilst i have trailer and cement mixer.
1. Vide grenier sales support with lifting, carrying, loading trailer, setting up tables, speaking French or English. This is not a business.
July 1st or before to leave 9th.
September 10th to 19th.
2. Help to organise / sell unwanted personal items online, involving research of value, postage costs, particularly of sheet music, educational music / books. This is not a business.
3. Easy Gardening (mowing, weeding, pruning, watering)
4.a) Make rose bush supports with recycled wood, metal or purchased materials.
b) Repair or Remake existing wooden gates and others. Big task!
a) Help delete duplicated photos with software purchased.
b) Help create digital book(s) of my photos / writings / blog
c) Advise how to better organise personal documents.
USER of Apple Mac / MS WORD / BLURB (or similar) welcomed
6.. Four bicycles need service. Create wall storage rack.
7. Organise tools and a shed / workshop.
15.. Sharpen chainsaw please in case it might be needed or sold.
8. MAY JUNE JULY Repaint external doors and shutters - 2019. I could accept an experienced couple. It will take about two weeks as it was done by Workaway helpers 4 years ago
9..Non urgent --- Sand and Paint stair well - requires high reach. We have to put up safe standing place which I have done before.
10. Sewing repairs - minor repairs.
11. Creative Sewing - Can you do patchwork with a sewing machine which might need attention!
12. Generally assist with house cleaning in a 'clean' former village farmhouse which in summer season has occasional bed and breakfast guests.
English + improving slowly French language..
Please know that the village chateau is not my medieval ruin!
Single bedroom with shared bathroom with shower above bath.
Twin bedroom if a couple.
There is an exterior toilet and wash area.
A modernised French village fermette, built 1850s. Peaceful on border of village and countryside, an hour's drive from public transport. You will be collected from station / airport in an old car which I am hoping to replace and need help to buy a newer vehicle.
Follow house rules.
24/7 Internet with Extender Wifi system ( currently a mystery!)
Internet to watch films as all other equipment broke down! 😖😢💤 Advice required.
Healthy meals plus morning coffee / afternoon tea. Eat with host.
Mostly vegan/vegetarian OR Fish. Lamb , Beef, Chicken. (NEVER pork, turkey, veal).
Reduced wheat / Gluten free possible.
Bread usually spelt, rye or other quality grain.
Wine might be served. Contribution appreciated if you imbibe. There are alcohol free days!
Please provide your treats such as chocolate / peanut butter / and anything you crave for!
Opportunity to cook providing kitchen rules are respected.
I am a good cook and often without recipes but I wish to learn more about world recipes. My first cook book was that and I still have it!
1. Work clothes might be required. Probably can kit you out with protective wear.
2. Good, but not new bicycles are available for cycling in safe, flattish landscape.
3. Unsuitable for smokers, alcoholics, animals. If you do smoke e.g. one a day and go well away from the house then I will accept you! I might consider a single person or couple with a child. NOT definite!
4. Spring & Summer - the house is dark and cool. Courtyard collects heat from stone walls. In rear garden one can sit and watch the sun rise if you are an early bird or observe bats swoop on an evening. Weather permitting!
Winter - can be interesting & isolated, spiritually educational for those seeking solitude, tranquillity, opportunity to write, draw, hunker down. It is so lovely to hear the cuckoo and nightingales if one is in the right place.
5. Autumn & Winter - If you need central heating then this is not the place for you but sometimes the woodburners push so much heat out that it is too hot so French doors have to be opened. Hot water bottles, Electric radiators, blankets, shawls are available as frugality saves costs! Woodburners are managed by the HOST for Health & Safety. You may stack logs, chop kindling, bring logs in....
Collection from Poitiers airport or Chatellerault train station takes apx an hour in each direction!
Taxi from Chatellerault = 70 to 100 euros in one direction.
Sometimes a bus to La Roche Posay.
There is no other transport.
No Street lights after 23h / 24h.
Roadside gates close around dusk.
Angles sur L'Anglin is a Garden of Paradise, famous for Magdalennian rock shelter carvings, 'Les Jours' embroidery and a ruined 12th century Chateau. You can walk, cycle, swim, canoe, fish. The village in winter has fewer than 400 full time residents and in Summer expands with many second home owners. There are restaurants, restos, bars, a wonderful English tea shop serving meals, a bakery, a multi-services bar and shop with Wifi, small library and market vans. Oysters are sold in appropriate months. Check availability in winter as restaurants close without tourists! It has a part time Tourist Office. No cinema. Supermarkets within 10km. Spa town 12km. One to two hours drive to River Loire Chateaux. On the border of Brenne National Park, a haven for flora and fauna. Sometimes seemingly empty - but July / August tourists bring life to the village. It is unsuitable for those who like city razzamatazz.
Every day is different, yet stone walled houses have stood for a long long time and pathways take you to hidden natural treasures.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 25 hours per week