Favourited 328 times
We are planning to transform our 4acres farm to a self sustained, organic and free from chemicals either fertilizer or pesticide. We also in the middle of building a few chalets from bamboo at our riverbank. We very much welcome anyone who are willing to help us.
Our place is situated in the state of Pahang called Janda Baik. It's in a mountain region which formed the backbone of Malaysia, separating the east shore and the west shore. Our farm is at the edge of a tropical Jungle, If you would love to experience the exotic flora and fauna then this is one of the place for you in Malaysia. There is a river that run through our land.
Here is the schedule of the daily program:
7.15 am – 8.30 am - Breakfast
9.00 am – 12.30pm - Maintenance
work & short term projects
12.45pm – 1.30 pm - Lunch
6.30 pm – 7.30 pm - Dinner
We work 5 days/week and public holiday is an off day, others is subject for discussion.
We have cats, dogs and not to mention plenty of chickens, a pond of tilapia fish and we grow our own vegetables and local fruits.
Due to increase price of wet products from local markets, we have no choice but to ask some contribution from future volunteers. We will collect RM 10.00 per day from each volunteers for 3@4 meals a day.
Lodging is free of charge, that's the least we can do for you in return for your help around the farm and the company you guys provide.
For lodging, we provide 3 rooms (2 persons per room) and two bathrooms/ toilet. Personal hygiene is very important when living in a community.
We practice social integration through understanding, tolerance and respect for others. Hey nobody is perfect! Anyway we hope you will have a pleasant and enjoyable experience with us that will last for the rest of your life.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
- We're proud of our heritage and we want to share it with as much people as possible. The local villagers are very friendly and if you are roaming around by yourselves be prepared to be approached by them for a friendly chat. Most of the villagers are able to communicate in English.
- The travellers can learn our culture, do and donts in Muslim society, our foods etc.
- We need all the help we can get to maintain a farm - transforming the place to a self sustaining eco- farm. Its fine if you don't have any skills related to farming.
- Help to build a few chalets from bamboo.
- Help the host to maintain the house cleanliness and surrounding. You come to assist us not the other way.
- if that day is rain it's considered off day so if possible you got to work on the following Sunday (if the task is not finish yet, otherwise it's not necessary).
English and Malay
We provide 3 units of twin sharing rooms, toilet and a kitchen / pantry with accessories which is separated from the main house.
Kitchen must be kept tidy and clean and same goes to the bathroom.
Volunteers will have their 3@4 meals with the host at the main house.
- We prefer volunteers to stay with us minimum of 1 week or more as there are lots of things to see and experience.
- From Kuala Lumpur to our farm is about 1 hour drive.
- Some of our volunteers hitchhike from Kuala Lumpur and quite fast to get ride.
- Our farm is beside the primary school of Janda Baik and the 101 Resort.
- We've a bicycle and a motorcycle or volunteer can walk to go to the nearest shops.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Accuracy of profile: