Surf House at the beach.
We are a group of 2 partners running this project in the village of Huanchaco, in northern Peru. This little beach town has a very relaxed and quiet life. We have tourists and fun activities on the beach all the year, like world surf championship, and a lot of national contests also.
Our place is a beautiful big house with an amazing beach view.
The area for the customers is on the first floor. On the second floor we are offering shared rooms for the volunteers. If you are interested in surfing or just love the beach you will love the view that’s just on the surf point to check the best waves or just enjoy one of the world’s best sunsets.
You can improve your spanish here, we can help with it, and since you will be engaged with the customers and friends you will have a daily practice of the language.
Our concept: sell 'natural Peruvian herbal drinks' (with healthy properties) mix with Pisco (the traditional drink of Southern Peru) or Rum (from the Northern parts of Peru).
At mornings and noons we have also a High Performance Surf School. Our partner in this project is one of the best surf coachs in the all the region with a lot of international championships.
Our goal is to be different and offer our customers a nice atmosphere where they can hang out during the day and enjoy the surf lessons; or have fun at night with diferent activities (like our famous Salsa Thursdays!).
We also have a nice stage to host greats concerts with local and foreign musicians.
As a volunteer of the surf house you will:
* Help a maximum of 25 hours Each week
* Watering and maintenance of our little garden.
* Cleaning the house (only the first floor).
* Spread flyers.
* Buy fruit at the village market.
* Artistic colaborations (paints, chalkboards, events decoration, etc.)
* Helping with the organization and maintenance of the Surf Boards.
* Helping with the reparation of the old wetsuits.
* Helping checking the waves conditions, and writing it in our Surf chalkboard each week.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
We need a minimum 3 weeks of help and gladly extended if the collaboration works well.
Spanish and English
The rooms on the second floor area are shared rooms for 2 people.
Spanish lessons could be included since all of us are Peruvians of origin.
We have all the necessary contacts and help for a complete travel experience, and your happiness, in any situation... sports, community, culture, music, art, etc.
- Rural fishing experience: traditional handmade reed boats called "caballitos de totora", also known as the world’s first surfboards.
- Food with international recognition: Peru is known for having one of the world’s best cuisine.
- Friendly, chill and relaxing vibe.
- Surf experience!!
- Historical attractions: Chan Chan, Huaca de La Luna, El Brujo etc.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two