Come volunteer in a new, energetic Montessori/Waldorf school in a village located in Kerala, South India! Its focus is holistic education and the school has a particular focus on ecology. (Kerala is at the forefront of experiencing severe climate change, with ever rising heat and humidity, pollution and smog, and increasingly frequent severe flooding.)
- Here you will find an open minded staff and management team interested in supporting your volunteer experience in every way possible. Your skills, desires and goals will be integrated into the vision and energy that is already coursing through the school and its community. As a young school, there is a great deal of flexibility and receptivity to outsiders. Our staff and students are warmhearted and friendly and you will feel a part of the community immediately.
The school sees itself as a knowledge pool where the students and teachers come together to share and grow together in a flat structure. We envision a future education system that promotes cooperation, mutual growth and holistic learning rather than competition and a focus on grades and tests.
- Learning via real life, outdoors and hands on experience/sensory input.
-Multiple Intelligence & Integrated Learning approach instead of rote learning/memorization
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
We are looking for volunteers for our school to help us with different tasks such as:
- Teaching and education.
- Marketing and communication.
- Gardening, Creative arts, Eco Building, Organic Farming
- Community Outreach Initiatives
- Workshops on health, climate change, environment, healthy cooking, etc.
- Art, Music & Yoga in Education
- Photography and short video making
- Graphic Designing - Website design / modification, Flyer / brochure designing
- Content Writing, Articles, Blog writing ...
We really appreciate international perspectives so this is a good place to come and sink your teeth into making a change in the world! Contact us with your own ideas and interests.
We expect volunteers to work 4/5 hours a day, with 2 days off per week.
You will be immersed in an authentic south indian community with almost no foreigners. You will have opportunities to meet and befriend many local people and we will help you feel welcome and a part of things immediately.
You will have an opportunity to make a big impact on a small school!
We provide delicious vegan Indian food and private accommodation.
There are occasional field trips around beautiful Kerala.
We will support you before, during and after the experience.
We can pick up to/from the Kochi airport.
We can help you with visa arrangements.
We are looking for volunteers of any ages and with any backgrounds.
Certificate provided for volunteers upon completion.
English, Italian, major Indian languages
There is a private house for volunteers within easy walking distance of the school. It is spacious and has its own kitchen, living room, garden, patio, and two bedrooms each with private bath. There is a washing machine and a sheltered inside clothesline. All necessary equipment is provided at the house, you need bring nothing but your own clothing and necessities. We will also be happy to provide you with home hospitality on weekends should you wish.
Breakfast and lunch are provided every day at school and are freshly cooked by our talented chef! She will do her best to accommodate any dietary restrictions you have. All food at the school is vegan and is made with a focus on health, nutrition and balance. Dinner is on your own and we will be happy to supply you with groceries so that you may prepare meals. There are also restaurants within walking distance.
There is a bicycle at the house for your use and the staff will gladly assist in giving you a ride as needed. A bus stop is located next to the accommodation and India is well served with inexpensive and frequent public transit.
Kerala is a beautiful region and features many interesting attractions such as gorgeous beaches, a tiger reserve, waterfalls, beautiful mountains, coffee, tea and spice plantations, historic backwaters, modern city life, traditional villages, incredible culture, and a unique people famous for 97% literacy rate. There is so much to do and public transport can take you anywhere! We will do our best to help with transportation. The school itself takes periodic field trips.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week