For a project: 1/03/2018-31/10/2018 „The door to Europe - level 2”
Start 1 March!
Just Erasmus + country
The volunteers we would like to host should, first of all, be willing to live and work in the rural area and not be afraid of physical and outdoor works.
We would especially welcome people who are interested in ecology, permaculture, gardening, and/or working with the small local community in rural areas (especially kids and youth). Our main concern is that the volunteers will find the project interesting, personally developing, fruitful it terms of knowledge and skills and simply satisfying. In our opinion, people with the above mentioned features and interest would feel most fulfilled.
Age limitation: 17-30
The foundation offers volunteers knowledge and skills such as:
- skills in gardening,
- skills in handcraft work: furniture renovation, working with wood, upcyling,
- making and baking bread, smoking food products, making home-made preserves, etc.
- working and living in a small community,
- working with youth and children from rural areas,
- knowledge and methods of leading workshops,
- skills in public speaking,
- knowledge of organizing international projects, such as youth exchanges,
- knowledge in organizing events such as small festivals, outdoor cinema, etc.
- working in international environment,
- understanding the ideas of sustainable development, responsible consumerism, resource distribution and ecological solutions in everyday life.
Foundation will offer support in learning Polish language and culture by organizing or sending volunteers to Polish lessons.
Reimbursement Of Travel Costs
As a hosting organization we will reimburse the travel costs up to the following sums. For reimbursement process we need the tickets with visible sum, name of the traveler.
The volunteers will receive pocket money in the amount of the equivalent of 3 EUR (around 12 PLN) per day per person. The money will be sent to the volunteers personal bank account that will be opened after their arrival to Poland.
For food support the volunteers will receive 330 PLN per month per person.
Additionally, the volunteers will receive 70 PLN per month per person travel support. This money is given to allow volunteers to travel to bigger cities in free time every weekend. However, the volunteers may spend them differently if they wish.
We are an ecological organization, that tries to apply the rules of ecological standards in our daily life. Some rules connected with this:
1. Garbage segregation.
2. Responsible usage of water
3. Limiting garbage production (shopping, not using disposable cutlery, dishes etc.). We are heading towards the ZERO WASTE philosophy.
4. Changing shoes inside the building
5. Responsible usage of electricity (turning off the light while leaving the room, unplugging electric devises when not used: charger, laptop, etc)
6. No smoking inside the building
7. No late parties on the 1st floor
MORE INFO ON E-MAIL.
We are a foundation established in 2013 - In August that year we started renting a building of an old school with the surrounding area (1,3ha) from the local municipality.
Since then we managed to renovate the school and create a youth project centre here with sleeping rooms, workshop and chill-out rooms, kitchen, bathroom and toilets. Many youth projects were already held here and also some activities for the local community.
We are hosting groups and volunteers from all over the world. Many organizations and non-formal groups have already become our regular guests as they find the space we offer very creative and innovative.
Our organization was established for those major reasons:
- to promote simple and ecological way of life,
- to make space for creative ecological and social solutions,
- to develop the local community by offering them space and opportunity to boraden their horizons, and also give them work
- to work with the local youth and children
- to be a meeting place for international projects.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
FOR A PROJECT:
1. Work connected with the local community
This will include:
- organizing small fests in various places in the region in cooperation with the local organizations and cultural institutions. volunteers will use the Foundation’s car – EuroCar – for the purpose to reach the villages all over the region
- organizing meetings and workshops in schools and kindergartens; topics will cover such issues as tolerance and openness to diversity. Some workshops should also deal with the immigration crisis in Europe to fight prejudice among youth. Volunteers can also prepare workshops and meetings on topic that they find interesting for them.
- providing guidance and support for local youth who would like to take part in international youth exchanges or volunteering (EVS or other opportunities).
2. Work connected with the Foundation’s building and area around.
This will include:
- taking care of the garden: weeding, planting, watering, sowing, harvesting, etc. - the garden will not only have decorative function. We have created a permaculture garden. It produces vegetables for the use of all inhabitants.
- organizing the area according to the season: mowing, snow removal, raking leaves, etc.
- works connected with some finishing work in the building: painting walls, drilling, nailing, cutting, furniture renovation, etc. - the building offers a workshop with many tools which our volunteers use for their creative work (instrument creation, making wood furniture, renovating old furniture, handcraft).
All this work will be distributed according to the volunteers’ abilities and physical strength.
3. Helping with the events organized and hosted by the Foundation
Important part of the Foundation tasks are international and local projects happening here. We host groups of youth exchanges, training (international and for Polish participants), festivals. During those events we involve volunteers into work such as:
- Cooking for the group,
- Cleaning after the group,
- Organizing free time for the group
- Arranging the space for the events
If it is possible, volunteers may be included in workshops happening during the events.
Rest of the word :)
The building and the area around are in need for further activity.
We need help with the finishing work inside, including:
- painting walls, also with artistic design,
- making small pieces of furniture from wood,
- renovating old furniture,
- other forms of finishing work,
- mowing grass,
- planting vegetables and flowers and taking care of them,
- organizing the outside area,
- preparing natural fence (from willow or other plants),
- cooking and bread baking
- upcycling workshops (paper baskets, jar lanterns, etc),
- making natural household chemicals (washing liquids, air fresheners, cleaning liquids, etc.)
Working with local community (optional):
- organizing English language workshops for local youth and children,
- organizing creative workshops for the locals (upcycling, etc.)
We are flexible in our work, so we encourage volunteers to introduce their own initiatives, as long as they are consistent with the Foundation's mission and vision.
The volunteers will be accommodated in the rooms in the school area. The rooms are shared, according to the number of volunteers hosted at one time the rooms will be shared by maximum 3 person. Gender separation will be introduced if the volunteers will want to.
The bathroom and toilets are available in a separate room, shared for men and women.
The kitchen is also available (with fridge). The volunteers in exchange with the hosts will cook meals for all using products provided by the hosts. There is also an outside ceramic stove, available for cooking in warm seasons, also for bread making and smoking (cooking).
Volunteers can spend their free time as they wish. There is not much happeing in Klimontow, but the village is well-connected with 3 big citites: Krakow (1h by train), Kielce (1h by train), Katowice (2,5h by train). The closest city (small) is situated 7 km away. The village is surrounded by beautiful area for walking and biking. The foundation has two bikes for use also by volunteers.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
My Photo Album