We are a foundation established in 2013 - In August that year we started renting a building of an old school with the surrounding area (1,3ha) from the local municipality.
Since then we managed to renovate the school and create a youth project centre here with sleeping rooms, workshop and chill-out rooms, kitchen, bathroom and toilets. Many youth projects were already held here and also some activities for the local community.
We are hosting groups and volunteers from all over the world. Many organizations and non-formal groups have already become our regular guests as they find the space we offer very creative and innovative.
We, Dorota, Jakub and our baby girl Gaya are a family and foundation board members who live in the flat above the school. We have one dog - Perun. Sometimes there are other volunteers and friends living here with us for some time or longer.
Our organization was established for those major reasons:
- to promote simple and ecological way of life,
- to make space for creative ecological and social solutions,
- to develop the local community by offering them space and opportunity to boraden their horizons, and also give them work
- to work with the local youth and children
- to be a meeting place for international projects.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
The building and the area around are in need for further activity.
We need help with the finishing work inside, including:
- painting walls, also with artistic design,
- making small pieces of furniture from wood,
- renovating old furniture,
- other forms of finishing work,
- mowing grass,
- planting vegetables and flowers and taking care of them,
- organizing the outside area,
- preparing natural fence (from willow or other plants),
- cooking and bread baking
- upcycling workshops (paper baskets, jar lanterns, etc),
- making natural household chemicals (washing liquids, air fresheners, cleaning liquids, etc.)
Working with local community (optional):
- organizing English language workshops for local youth and children,
- organizing creative workshops for the locals (upcycling, etc.)
We are flexible in our work, so we encourage volunteers to introduce their own initiatives, as long as they are consistent with the Foundation's mission and vision.
The volunteers will be accommodated in the rooms in the school area. The rooms are shared, according to the number of volunteers hosted at one time the rooms will be shared by maximum 3 person. Gender separation will be introduced if the volunteers will want to.
The bathroom and toilets are available in a separate room, shared for men and women.
The kitchen is also available (with fridge). The volunteers in exchange with the hosts will cook meals for all using products provided by the hosts. There is also an outside ceramic stove, available for cooking in warm seasons, also for bread making and smoking (cooking).
Sometimes volunteers will be asked to contribute to the home budget (mostly food, gas for cooking) - 10 euro/week. This depends on the financial situation of the Foundation. Usually, the contribution is voluntary.
At this moment, we are not vegetarians but we are strong advocates of vegeterianism and veganism. We hd to change our diet due to the baby.
Volunteers can spend their free time as they wish. There is not much happeing in Klimontow, but the village is well-connected with 3 big citites: Krakow (1h by train), Kielce (1h by train), Katowice (2,5h by train). The closest city (small) is situated 7 km away. The village is surrounded by beautiful area for walking and biking. The foundation has two bikes for use also by volunteers.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
My Photo Album