We manage a guest house 20 miles/30 km north of Puerto Vallarta on the Bay of Banderas in Nayarit in Mexico.
We are 3 German women in our 50s and 60s, who love living in a small fishing village in Mexico with all its potential and its challenges, love being part of an ever changing project with lots of potential for more changes, and love being part of a team of creative people.
The guest house features 5 guestrooms with ever changing guests, and 4 apartments with long term renters, as well as a shared kitchen for everyone, and lots of spaces to hang out.
The Shared Kitchen is the social hub to cook, eat, meet, and connect.
The population of La Cruz is a mixture between a Mexican village in summer, a snow bird population of mostly US and Canadian retirees during the winter months, and year round or part time sailors anchored in the the La Cruz Marina close to the guest house.
Help in the house
Travelers have the opportunity to live and volunteer in a complex environment:
- multi-cultural: there are Americans and Germans living on the property plus constantly changing guests, who are mostly from Canada, Mexico, and the USA, but sometimes are also from all over the world such as Brazil, France, Italy, Poland, and Finnland;
- multi-generational: those of us living on and/or visiting the property range in ages from 4 till 75; and
- multi-lingual: we constantly speak 3 languages (English, Spanish, and German) with various skill levels and improvisational abilities.
Add to that over 100 workawayers from 27 countries in over 5 years and it gets lively, challenging, and stimulating.
We look forward to welcoming you into our extended and multicultural family.
-------- APR 15 till MAY 15, 2019 -------------
We are asking people to stay 4 WEEKS.
We are looking for ONLY COUPLES (or two friends traveling together) with the following skills and experiences:
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ painting walls, balustrades, surfaces inside and outside
*️️ carpentry skills
*️️ brick laying skills
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ general repairs
*️️ love using tools...
If you are a CREATIVE ARTISTS interested in painting a mural of a shark, a dolphin, a whale, or a frigate bird, please send us pictures of any previous work you have done
CLEANING THE PROPERTY is part of everybody's daily tasks.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
English, German, a little Spanish
You will be staying in our guestrooms with private bathroom.
In addition, we offer:
- a fully equipped kitchen shared with our guests,
- filtered drinking water in your room and the kitchen,
- 2 WiFi routers,
- a swimming pool,
- a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach (which is not a surfing beach)
- 3-5 minute walk to grocery stores, affordable local restaurants, and live music bars,
- inexpensive local buses, that more or less take you wherever you want to go, and
- on site hosts.
We do NOT OFFER FOOD as part of the exchange, as we have a Shared Kitchen, and food in Mexico is inexpensive, both in Mexican restaurants and if you prepare your own food.
We are a drug and alcohol free house. Yet there are a lot of options to party in the neighborhood.
We also do NOT take PETS.
What to do locally:
The Bay of Banderas with surfing, boogie boarding, wind surfing, surf kiting, fishing, turtle egg laying watch, hiking, local markets, artisans, Huichol Indian crafts, sailing and whale watching (November till April) thru contacts in the La Cruz Marina.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 15 hours a week (meals not included)