From: Netherlands & Germany
Australia, Chile, Indonesia, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Vietnam
02/06/2019 - 01/11/2020
Hi! I'm Eva, from the Netherlands and currently looking for a new volunteer job for the winter and spring of 2020.
Last year I volunteered in a hostel in Prague, Budapest and Melbourne and I absolutely loved it. I'm planning to keep on travelling and volunteering this year.
A job at a hostel would be great, because I love meeting new people from all around the world. Besides hostelwork, I am also interested in teaching, since I think this is a very valuable experience and I would be happy to share my knowledge/skills with others. I am open for a variety of positions so let me know what you're looking for! I have experience with bartending, organizing (events, day trips etc.), photography, cleaning and cooking. I prefer jobs that include interaction with people. If you want to know more, just let me know!
You can contact me via whatsapp (+31637199884) or through here! Hope to hear from you :)
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
- Organising: for Workaway I volunteered at four hostels now, where I took people out to tours and events, varying from day activities to cooking for big groups, leading drinking games and taking guests out to clubs and bars. Furthermore, during my studies I worked in a variety of committees for organising events, bringing people together, designing the yearbook and working on social media (photography and events).
- Teaching: I taught English in Vietnam and I've got a TEFL certificate as well.
- Music: I play guitar for many years, and some self-taught piano, mouth harmonica and flute.
- Administration: I've several years experience in administration and project based work as my fulltime job.
- Gardening: I have my own garden for about 8 years now, I grow my own veggies, fruits, herbs and flowers.
I'd describe my personality as:
Open, 'hands on', good communicator and listener, creative, recoursefull, good work ethic, independent, friendly and easy going.
26 & 27
Dutch and German
I graduated in 2017 from my MSc Plant Sciences. After that I traveled Vietnam, India and Thailand and Cambodia in 2017. I volunteered in Vietnam, teaching English, which was an absolutely beautiful experience. In 2018 I travelled in Panamá, where I volunteered in an Airbnb. I learnt many things there, from fixing the roof, to planting trees to sharpening knives. Next I travelled and volunteered in Colombia in a hostel. I entertained guests, helped with furnishing and did the usual cleaning. After that I had the great opportunity of traveling Mexico and Belize. In 2019 I worked for 2 months in the highest rated hostel in Prague, travelled for a while and worked in a hostel in Budapest and then took a flight to Melbourne. There I worked in a hostel, a bar, the kitchen and then a couple of months in sales.
The sales job stopped because of corona virus, so I decided to give workaway another try! Together with Manuel I was grateful to find a beautiful workaway in the countryside of Australia, where together with some others we stayed and worked at a farmstay. We had a whole array of jobs, from fencing to painting, gardening, splitting wood, etc. We had a lovely corona time all together. After staying for 7 weeks we moved up north to Sydney to do another workaway.
For the rest of the year I would love to work more while traveling, and learn and do new things. Hopefully I can explore some great places in Australia, and once possible in New Zealand and Asia this time!!
Special dietary requirements
I’m currently pescatarian (so vegetarian that eats occasionally fish)