Our home is a 5acre nature preserve with a "food forest" that contains many fruit trees of all types including Lychee, Mango, Papaya, Tumeric, Grapefruit, Avacado, Guava, Pineapple, Custard Apple, Tomatoes, etc, etc. Our property also has a 2acre garden where we grow the food that we eat.
We are looking for someone who can help us with Dogsitting 4 lovable dogs (Nacy, Tzavi, Levi'i, and Angel) from June 19th to June 24th. This person should have experience with and a great love of dogs. These guys are the best and funniest people we know. The dogs are broken into 2 groups Group 1: Tzavi, Levi'i, and Angel Group 2: Nacy.
Nacy loves people but she can be unpredictable with other dogs so we do not mix here with the others. At night she sleeps in the living room, while the others sleep in the Bedroom, on our bed with us.
The duties will include:
1. In the Morning bring Nacy out of the house in the morning and take her to the studio so that Tzavi, Levi, and Angel can play in the house and fenced-in area of the forest behind the house.
2. Feeding all the dog's Breakfast (Nacy eats in the studio building where she hangs during the day) and (Tzavi, Levi'i, and Angel eat in the house.
3. Making Food for the dogs (they eat 2 lentils and sweet potatoes which we make in the Instapot) the day before.
4. Making sure that Tzavi Levi' and Angel do not get out of the house
5. Feeding everyone Dinner at night
6. Bringing Nacy Home where she sleeps in the Living Room and putting Tzavi, Levi'i and Angel in the Bedroom.
Also as part of this assignment, you will be responsible for hanging and giving the 4 of them companionship, perhaps letting Nacy take you on a hike around the property.
After that, if the experience was mutually enjoyable, we can discuss a longer-term stay if you are interested.
At the farm, you will have the opportunity to live in a rare nature preserve while learning about our unique Forrest and how to protect it. While you are here, you will also have the opportunity to learn about organic farming practices and you will experience living and enjoying the benefits of a vegan lifestyle.
Our home, on the farm, is a beautiful rare 5 acre, protected, tropical forest and ecosystem full of indigenous plants, trees, and flowers in Redland Florida also known as Homestead. Homestead is located 30 miles south of Miami Beach and Miami International Airport and a short drive to the keys. On the property, we have 8 rescue dogs and every once in a while we pick up a new one to foster while he or she is looking for a forever home.
The kind of help we are always looking for is listed below and since we have a big property with lots of nice places for people to stay we generally have a couple of people living on the property at the same time splitting up these tasks according to their skills and interests.
The kind of help we welcome is as follows:
- Some daily cleaning of our small one bedroom house
- Making juice each day and preparing meals from our amazing vegan gourmet recipe library
- Walking, feeding and giving general friendship and companionship to our 5 very cute rescue dogs
- Help maintaining the forest and landscaping
- Planting and looking after our organic food garden
- Creating really cool and inspirational art projects
- Some general maintenance and small construction projects, like building furniture
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
During your stay you will be staying in our house in a bedroom with Tzavi, Levi'i and Angel
Our place is located in the Redlands agricultural area which is the largest tropical fruit producing area in the Southeast United States. But unlike other agricultural areas, Redlands isn't the "boonies". We are located 30 miles south of Miami Beach, 8 miles to Black Point which is a local beach area, and 15 Miles from Key Largo.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We love having people who are "digital nomads" and sometimes we collaborate and work together on projects. Our Farm is perfectly set up for people who use the internet for work. We have 2 large workspaces and throughout the property we have 6 high-speed wireless networks that give coverage not just inside the buildings but outside as well.
We have some available spaces for people who travel with smaller campers.
More than two
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week