After 3 years of family life on the roads of the world and a dozen experiences as Helpers volunteers in several countries, we will welcome you with great pleasure, far from the hustle and bustle of modern life!
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Back in our pretty farm dauphinoise nineteenth, we undertook to best grant our life with nature. First of all, we want to establish a self-sufficient and energetically autonomous micro-farm based on ideas, principles and experiments based on the observation of natural mechanisms. Our second goal is to move towards zero waste, to prioritize the upgrading and recycling of materials. Third step of our project: to create, support and encourage synergy in a solidarity and resilient community open to the world. Although we still have a lot to learn, we will be happy to share our experiences with you.
Arrived from trip in April 2018 we have since relaunched the organic vegetable garden and henhouse, built a pizza oven with local natural materials, set up rainwater harvesting for animals and watering, welcomed a young goat for brushing, made pallet benches for the campfire, made forest mounds, built a greenhouse, planted many new fruit trees, transformed the office into an interior workshop of creative art with a space for helpers ...
There is still much to be done knowing that we are also considering having cows, goats, bees, a holistic management, electric autonomy, the management of our drinking water, a garden of medicinal plants, earthen constructions straw, wood, bamboo ... And also to make good bread, cheese, butter, cream, cold cuts, canned fruits and vegetables, etc.
SPECIFIC PROJECTS FOR 2019
• Reorganization of the hen pens for the management of three breeds (golden leghorn, Sussex and Araucana) and chickens and guinea fowl for meat. Realization of specific enclosures and / or tractor-chicken (DONE),
• Self-construction of a solar dryer for seasonal fruits and vegetables,
• Manufacture of some electro-culture antennas for the vegetable garden (DONE),
• May Guil leaves to Malaysia to put our truck Marcel on a container-carrier to ship it back to France (DONE). At the end of June he should arrive at the port of Le Havre and we will bring it back to the farm (DONE). It will then be put back in order to offer it for rent as an unusual night.
• Five ten-day-old goats arrive in March at the farm. We have to prepare an outdoor enclosure, a bottle-rail (we will have to breastfeed them morning and evening for three months) and organize a dedicated space for the night in one of the barns (DONE),
• In March, the greenhouse must be tarpaulin to be able to plant from the beginning of April (DONE),
• Redefined access to the perched hut and development of the pizza oven area (IN PROGRESS),
• Layout of a terrace to the yurt with dry toilet, solar shower and cast iron bathtub to relax under the stars,
• Making an insect hotel in the parking lot (IN PROGRESS),
• Construction of three natural hives and commissioning in the vegetable garden,
• Construction of a big workshop with professional tools in the South barn (IN PROGRESS),
• Manufacture of natural cosmetics (cold saponification, hydrating cream, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.) and alternative natural products for the maintenance of the house (household cleaners, laundry, cotton coated with beeswax, etc.) (IN PROGRESS).
• Storage and cleaning of barns and workshop,
• Maintenance of tools,
• Cut firewood for winter.
• Feed the animals,
• Prepare meals and daily tasks in the main house,
• General garden maintenance (mowing, grass picking, brush clearing, weeding, shrub and tree sizes, grinding and mulching ...)
• Planting and maintenance of the vegetable and aromatic garden,
• picking fruit and vegetables, drying, canning or freezing,
• Cleaning the driveways, the car park and the terrace,
• Maintenance of poultry houses, horse pens and goats.
French, English and a little bit Spanish
Accomodation and food are provided for 4 hours of help a day, five days a week, and participation in the preparation of meals and daily tasks. You will be staying in the loft bed of the creative arts studio and have meals with our family and sometimes even some other travelers. On the menu: crisp anecdotes, incredible stories and legendary travel stories!
WHAT TO DISCOVER IN OUR BEAUTIFUL REGION
Located 15 minutes from the A7 motorway, 15 minutes from the Ideal Palace of the postman Cheval and the Drôme des Collines, our farm is close to Beaurepaire (shops, restaurants, cinema, cultural cafe ...).
During the summer, the "Jazz à Vienne" festival is 20 minutes away and the Berlioz festival at Côte Saint André also. There is still Pont en Royans, its hanging houses and its water museum, the cave of Choranche and the hikes in the Vercors or the Chartreuse, Vienne and its Gallo-Roman museum, Lyon, its old vestiges and traboules, the Pilat Natural Park ...
Depending on the weather and the desires of everyone we can also fish, walk to the river and swim, redo the world under the stars around a bonfire or go to explore the surrounding mountains or unknown heirs of the Postman Cheval.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: