this is a non-profit organization that is determined to help young girls in Tanzania, since July 2012. The main goal is to provide young girls in Tanzania education and shelter and therefore a better future. We strongly believe that education is the door to freedom and a chance of a bright future for all girls.
- to facilitate, empower and build capacity of these girls and their community on social-economic, traditional and cultural aspects.
- Teach girls to stand up for themselves, that they are equal to their brothers and any other citizens, teach them to protect themselves form HIV and AIDS, teach them skills to provide for themselves.
We are a small organisation that has helped over 40 girls in Mwanza, we have provided not only English and cooking lessons but also vocational skills such as agriculture, sewing, and arts & crafts. Many of the girls have now a health card which enables medical help through the year. We have also a restaurant space where the older girls can take cooking lessons and prepare food, as a result the money raised can sustain the foundation and help developing other projects.
We wish to continue supplying more aid to other girls in need and we aim to do so with funds raising and donations.
Nowadays we are teaching aerial silks dance, with the perspective of open an aerial acrobatics center in 2020, this ambitious project pretends to give to some of our girls a professional chance.
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Travelers can benefits from living within the community of Mwanza, they can experience the local food and traditions. Most importantly, the volunteers will become friends with our children where they can provide good advice and learn from their way of living.
Mwanza has many museums, it is famous for its beautiful rock formations around the lake Victoria, there are many hikes you can do at low cost as well as fishing with the locals. You can also get a close experience with the Masai tribes. There are many things to do we will be happy to provide you with more information according to your interests.
Tanzania is East Africa’s Largest nation. It’s half the size of Western Europe. This unique country has some beautiful treasures like:
– Africa’s highest mountain: the Kilimanjaro
– Africa’s longest and deepest lake: Lake Tanganyika
– The world’s second largest lake: Lake Victoria
– The most beautiful wild life: Serengeti and Ngorongoro
– The 500 miles of palm-fringed tropical coastline and Zanzibar
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Any help is very welcomed, the current focus is on the following projects:
- Fund Raising - we are open to all ideas that can help our organisation create revenue including writing proposals and administration paperwork.
- Teaching skills - English language, information about human rights, health and well-being.
- Vocational skills - computer lessons, agriculture/permaculture, cooking, sports, sewing/tailoring and small business ideas.
- Any type of Martial Art especially Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Kick boxing, Self-defense.
- Any type of aerial acrobatics discipline.
Email us for the website
Swahili (Kiswahili): Fluent
A private room is provided along with main meals. Please note that we eat local and simple food, restaurants and western food available at your own cost.
Mwanza is the second biggest town in Tanzania, therefore transport is readily available.
Most common way to get around is by motobike (boda boda) or bus (dala dala), both are cheap ways of transport.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week