Looking for some peace and nature ?
Friendly couple would love some help with maintaining a big house and a permaculture garden in a nice countryside French medieval village. Some English practice would be very welcome too !
We are Françoise and Laurent, a couple who just changed life a year ago. We moved into a small village, Souvigny (nearby Moulins), in a nice large house with a big garden.
As we love gardening and learning things from nature, we started a permaculture garden. Françoise has already some gardening knowledges but we hope to learn more !
Françoise was working in a kindergarten (Steiner pedagogy) for 20 years and stopped in July 2020. She is aiming to transform a part of the house into a Bed & Breakfast and maybe find other projects to work on. She practice yoga, is part of a choir, do a lot of manual activities (paper decoration, felted wool...) and takes care of her parents and children (3) when they are around.
Laurent is a graphic designer and works from home as a freelance. He plays the bass, practice the ping-pong and loves to go for a bicycle ride.
They both enjoy to have long walks in the countryside, to cook healthy and delicious food, to spend time in front of the fire place and to share stories and talks with (new) friends.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
By working together, we are sure you will be able to learn :
- Some gardening skills
- Some French culture, cooking, wines testing, language...
- As Francoise has been a kindergarten teacher (Montessori/Steiner pedagogies) she can probably share a lot with you around those subjects if you're interested in it !
- As Laurent works a graphic designer, he can show you his work if you are interested. He also knows a lot about art history and music (bass player).
We would love your help with :
- Gardening : We would like your help in maintaining and improuving our permaculture garden (and also fruits trees)
- Maintenance : our nice big house requires some maintenance : help with painting, fixing things and diverse works depanding on the moment.
- English : our English level misses some practice... We would love to improuve our english by practicing with english speakers. We're used to host international students and are able to help you improuve your french.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
You will be host in a nice large private room (possibly with a private bathroom) and we provide towels and bedsheets. The house has a big living room with a chimney, a nice garden to eat outside when it's sunny, a workshop and more.
We eat mostly organic and local food. We appreciate cooking and sharing social time around the table. We would be happy to share our meals together and discover your speciality if your enjoy cooking too.
Souvigny is a nice small medieval village in the center of France. The village has a museum, a church, some restaurants and small shops, a supermarket... all located within a 5/10mn walk from home.
Lots of walking paths are reachable from the house and the countryside around is nice.
Around 5 buses/day can take you to Moulins (10km away), the nearest city, where the train station can be found. A famous costumes museum is worth to see, and the city is nice, with lots of small shops, old churches, a castle...
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week