Do you want to grow and learn more about yourself while living and playing within a fun, supportive environment? Are you looking for an experience that will make a profound impact in your life and the life of a child? Do you desire to connect deeply and meaningfully with people? Would you like to be part of a family that encourages you to be you, celebrates you for all that you do, wants to inspire you to be the best you can be, and loves to see you let loose and embrace your inner child?
If yes, then we invite you to consider joining our family! However, you should know that we are NOT a “typical” Australian family. So if you want "typical," then stay clear of us! hahahaha Perhaps we once resembled something close to “normal,” (aka boring) but not now! We were blessed with an adorable girl with Autism, and she has quite beautifully rocked our world! We are forever grateful for her! It hasn't always been easy, but she has taught us so much about life! Now our days are filled with so much love, joy, excitement, gratitude, and passion, as we learn from this little Buddha-like child. We now appreciate the simple things - the essence of life - and have come to more fully understand what LOVE is! We live a life where every day is different and delicious! Every day we see little miracles unfolding, as we see growth in both ourselves and our daughter. And all these little miracles are leading up to the BIG MIRACLE we hope to achieve: To recover our daughter from Autism! Because we want her to be able to connect in deep, meaningful ways with people, and experience the joy of friendship.
We are looking for a special person who wants to play a part in this miracle!
Our daughter Eve is 8 years big ;0) She is such a sweet, cheeky, free-spirited child with so much love and giggles to share! She loves so many things about this big beautiful world ... she loves chasing with her friends, scruffing (the cutest form of grounding ever), yelling "Woo-hoo! and Yee-hah!" just to celebrate the moment, wacky dancing, hugging trees, laughing about anything, singing like a bird, and taking her toy dinosaur friends wherever she goes (You would be amazed at how many she can hold!).
For the past three years, we have been running a full-time Son-Rise Program for Eve in our home. This program is different from most traditional forms of helping kids with special needs. The Son-Rise Program is a play-based approach that involves forming a trusting relationship with an attitude of sincere love and acceptance. Through natural play, and using Eve’s motivations, we inspire her to learn and grow. It’s so much fun! And it works!
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
We are keenly searching for some fun-loving, awesome people who are excited in becoming part of our family!! This unique opportunity involves living with our family, assisting within the home environment, and being a member of our Son-Rise Program Team, in exchange for food and accommodation.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! All Training Provided!
What is ESSENTIAL is your willingness to grow and your desire to jump in and learn the principles of The Son-Rise Program. If you feel called to deeply connect with people and want to make a difference in the life of a special child, this could be the perfect adventure for you! Again, no experience of any kind is required. If you come with an open mind, Eve is sure to fill it with her awesomeness :)
More specifically, as a member of our family and Son-Rise Team, your role would involve:
* Playing with Eve in our Son-Rise Program Playroom!
* Being receptive & moving off on-going training and feedback within The Son-Rise Program!
* Assisting with meal preparation for Eve!
* Helping maintain the cleanliness of our home!
* Embracing all the lovely shenanigans of our “not-so-normal” family life!
* Being like a big brother/sister to Eve!
* Committing to 6+ months
We are offering comfortable accommodation within our home. You will have your own private room. All your meals/food will be provided. (you are expected to prepare your own meals, though we often prepare a group dinner and eat as a family at night). Our home is located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia, and we are just a 15 minute walk to beautiful, pristine beaches. In addition, we are a minute walk to a bus stop where the buses run up and down the Sunshine Coast, giving you easy access to shopping, libraries, hiking trails, tourist spots, etc.
This is an extraordinary experience that is sure to change your life! Members of our Son-Rise family have expressed so many benefits from playing and connecting with Eve, and living with our family. Some of these include:
* Adding playfulness to your life and embracing your inner child!
* Learning a new way of seeing the world that leads to enhancing your own personal empowerment and happiness!
* Becoming more confident and skilled at playing/working with children.
* Learning how to truly connect with and love yourself & others, so you can strengthen your relationships, where ever you go in life!
* Becoming more fearless in showing up as YOU and going for what you want!
* Learning skills that will make you a Force Of Nature in all areas of your life!
* The opportunity to cheer and celebrate with joyfulness and sincere delight!
* To focus all our energy on truly loving a child!
* The opportunity to let go… let go of anything that was on our mind prior to entering into that magical room!
* To give ourselves the gift of being present, relaxed, and easy with ourselves!
* The time to practice being creative and trying out new and exciting ways of introducing toys and games!
*When we are in the playroom we get to put on our detective hats and find out what Evie's motivations are- every moment is an opportunity to discover something new about our child and the things that interest them! - We get the opportunity to ask our child to grow in new ways… and then ask again… and again… without expectation!
*The opportunity to challenge ourselves to try new things… and then see the way a child delights in what we've just done!
*We get the opportunity to hear a child’s laughter! (one of the most beautiful sounds in the world)
# Being able to live an EXTRAORDINARY life filled with clarity & purpose!#
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers