Conrado (Brazil) and Martin (Argentina) have been working and travelling learning languages and absorving cultures all around the world ever since university years. They have worked as volunteers for UWC and AIESEC during High school and University.
In one of the many trips, checking where to go next, by chance they came about a lost and abandoned piece of paradise in Setibao beach Guarapari, Brazil. A tiny peninsula surrounded by 2 beaches and, the State’s Ecological Reservation, Paulo Cesar Vinha, a natural park of over 30km of untouched natural sands and waters is home to thousands of sea turtles who come to mate and nest every summer, amongst many other friends wonders of nature. Really fantastic neighbors!!!
Houses can be seen in the horizon, but no building blocks the sun, the view, the wind. Nothing pollutes the air produced by all the greens around us.
Seemed like the perfect place to be, stay and share this piece of hidden paradise, responsibly, with the world.
In 2012 our place was born, and since then is slowly evolving from being just our home into an Eco-Camping, Hostel, surfer’s lounge, beach bar, sometimes full moon comes out of the sea with live music playing around her. It can still be so much more and for that we need your experience and fresh ideas.
Everything we offer to our guests is home made here: breakfast breads, cakes, fruit jams, pastries, desserts, ice-creams, even our salads and spices comes from our garden, and sometimes we attempt to make home-made beer.
We need the help of all of those peace and nature lovers, from all around the world to keep making this the most unique and international “eco-spot” in the state.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
We offer Lodging, Brunch and Dinner, for a minimum of three weeks, and a maximum of 3 months. In exchange we expect volunteers to give us 5* hours a day of their time to:
- Language practice: If you speak Spanish and/or Portuguese you will be able to communicate with the locals. Otherwise we had volunteers who spoke English only.
- Prepare brunch (to be served for volunteers daily)
- Prepare dinner (to be served for volunteers daily)
- General maintenance / General cleaning / Gardening
- Animal care: We have four dogs and one cat. They are all very friendly and love to play.
- Art projects: We try to reuse and recycle everything. So if you have any ideas on furniture painting, wall painting/decorating or glass painting/decorating. We also love musicians, so if you play any instruments and sing well in languages, it's a plus.
- If you enjoy baking and cooking, or would like to learn about it, you are welcome to help us on preparing some home-made goodies we consume. We produce our own home made bread, cookies and jams, for example.
- We had previously volunteers of England, USA, Hungary, Colombia, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile and Brasil. 10 of them have returned, half of them have returned three times.
- We are announcing on Work Away due to a suggestion of one of our Brazilian customers who has been a Workwayer in Costa Rica, has met our volunteers, and thinks we are a good match to bring other nationalities.
So if you do not speak the above mentioned languages, we believe that with native or advanced knowledge of French, Italian or Mandarim we will get along well. Looking forward to hearing from you!
*Please notice: 5 hours is ideal, but if we get too busy, then we may need 6 hours/a day and volunteer will serve during less hours another day.
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
Tent and/or shared accommodation in hostel, depending on availability.
Which means, if a bedroom is needed for a client, volunteers should be able to switch from bedroom into camping.
Facilities include shared kitchen and shared bathrooms.
We are between two secluded beaches and just 1.5 km away from a preserved lake.
City centre is not that far, it's 10 Km away, and it is possible to go shopping, go to the movies, go to local bars and so on.
During your stay, throughout the year, you can:
- Explore the beauty of secluded beaches and takes tons of pictures;
- Go swimming, surfing, fishing, hiking, jogging, apneia diving, sand castle building;
- On urban beaches it is possible to hire services such as kayaking, scuba diving, bicycle riding, rollerskating, surfing, kitesurfing, and windsurfing;
We are located on Brazilian tropical coast, which means during winter, temperatures may vary from 15 to 35 degrees Celsius (59 to 95 Fahrenheit), and summer temperature may vary from 20 to 37 degrees Celsius (from 68 to 98 Fahrenheit); it is also possible to observe sea turtles, dolphins amongst many other wonders of nature, depending on the season. So yes, it is sunny and warm most of the times!!!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week